PDA

View Full Version : I player niggle

gemma10
8th May 2015, 10:56
When I play a programme on Iplayer through my laptop via HDMI lead to the TV, the playback is not a full screen on the TV. ie the iplayer controls are still in view and picture wont expand. I think its got something to do with flash player settings and cant resolve it. Currently cant connect tv directly into wifi to use tv iplayer as I need a wifi extender.

mixture
9th May 2015, 16:45
(1) Make sure your flash player is up to date
(2) Make sure your web browser is up to date
(3) Check you've enabled HD mode in iPlayer
(4) Make sure your mouse doesn't have focus on the controls (i.e. move your cursor somewhere random in the middle of the screen)
(5) Don't waste your money on a "wifi extender" .... pure sales snakeoil. If you can't get a good signal where you are, then a "wifi extender" aint gonna help you one iota unless you are planning to run a CAT5 cable between your router and the extender.

gemma10
9th May 2015, 17:36
Thanks Mix. Updated flash manually has cured it. Strange, it was well out of date as it set to update automatically. :confused: In process of running cat 5.

Booglebox
10th May 2015, 11:00
pure sales snakeoil
Pure Mixture rubbish. I once briefly worked in a building where the wifi came from another building, via another wifi router. It wasn't great but it worked.
Zero chance of getting signal from the other building without it.

mixture
10th May 2015, 11:03
It wasn't great but it worked.

Thus you perfectly reinforce my point that they are pure sales snakeoil !

Your experience was more by luck than good judgement, I can assure you of that.

In other circumstances you might well have found you'd have got nothing at all.

Fundamental physics on the behavior of electromagnetic energy waves old boy.