PDA

View Full Version : CitiExpress

zero-lash valve lifter
10th Jun 2002, 19:36
Anyone know if they have their own web-site since loooking on the BA site and doing a search yielded little. I realise they are Brymon and British Regional combined but they are wholly owned by BA thus not a franchise. Any info much appreciated since I recently had an interesting conversation with one of their recruitment people.

Cheers

scroggs
10th Jun 2002, 21:23
This came up a couple of weeks ago, in relation to BA recruiting. I believe that BA will be handling all recruiting for CitiExpress (Brymon, BRAL and CitiFlyer Express). Try a search on BA recruitment in this forum.

AlphaCharlie
11th Jun 2002, 10:28
Brymon used to have its own website:

http://www.brymon.com

not sure if this has vanished since the merge...

Sorry, mate just checked and it says about the BA Citiexpress merge and refers you to www.britishairways.co.uk

climbs like a dog
11th Jun 2002, 10:33
There is a recruitment telephone number. I don't have it to hand but I'll try and dig it out for you.

foghorn
11th Jun 2002, 10:59
Are they recruiting again?

The last I heard that, post Sep-11, they were putting BA mainline TEPs into their Right Hand Seats instead of hiring self-sponsored pilots. That bombshell hit just as I was about to send in my application form from their recruitment campaign last summer.

After that I avoided them. Anyone know if its worth getting in touch with them again?

cheers!
foggy

DeltaT
11th Jun 2002, 11:37
yes it can be interesting talking to the recruitment people.
a little chat with a technical fleet manager revealed (or perhaps we should guess from the way BA themselves work) that they have to now abide by strict BA procedure, and you will only proceed to interview if your essay writing skills pass their grading. i.e it was freely admitted that those interviewed may well be better writers than pilots and in the past have had to turn down applications from 5000hr pilots etc

And you thought the game stopped once you passed your exams and flight tests?!!

Alex Whittingham
11th Jun 2002, 16:45
The first filter of the responses is usually the question 'did the applicant fill in the form as he or she was asked?'. If they ask for an example of a situation where you have, for instance, had reason to question the actions of a colleague and you don't give them just that your application goes in the bin. An inability to communicate in a written format will not count to your credit either.

spook1
11th Jun 2002, 16:56
I reckon it's worth getting in touch with CitiExpress. I applied in March and I have just be called for interview. I have a frozen ATPL with only 200 hours TT. They did remind me that they didn't have any openings at the mo but were looking for pilots for the holding pool (turbo-prop).
Good luck!!

Mister Geezer
11th Jun 2002, 18:37
I heard that their Newcastle base is expanding. Seats needing to be filled on their J41s.

MG:)

Trislander
11th Jun 2002, 19:13
Not sure if this is of any help, but BA's recruitment website is http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com

Cheers, Tri

MAX
11th Jun 2002, 21:56
A note to all Wannabes. This company will not send you an application unless you have >700hrs or have completed an integrated course of training. Modular pilots need not apply. Sux huh? Shame on you for being poor, married or mortgaged.:mad:

MAX:cool:

FL245
11th Jun 2002, 22:57
MAX, BOLL&&KS !

Spook1, good luck with the interview, if I can be of an help, email me.

FL245

GonvilleBromhead
12th Jun 2002, 09:25
Spook1

Just out of interest did you complete integrated or modular ?
I'm still not clear whether they were looking for JUST integrated guys or APPROVED guys (in which case modular is just as valid).

As far as I can remember, the ad asked for circa 200 hours approved, if not, 1000 hours. Is that correct, or was there a clear distinction made between modular and integrated ?

ta.

(Please folks, no debates about the fairness of it or any of the usual mod/int arguments).

Gb

MAX
12th Jun 2002, 13:16
Bollocks?? Really??:confused: When I phoned them they made it very clear that as a low houred pilot they would not send me an application unless I had completed an integrated course. I explained I had completed the approved modular route. The chap insisted 'integrated only' or I would need greater then >700hrs as a modular pilot.

Of course if the recruitment requirements have changed I would be more than happy to be proved wrong by FL245 and ring them again.

MAX:cool:

foghorn
12th Jun 2002, 13:43
Max,

When I got sent a form (last november), they asked whether I was approved, not integrated (I'm modular btw).

I got a form... but I didn't fill it in when I heard that the BA TEPs were being put into BACE's Turboprops instead of self-sponsored people.

spook1
12th Jun 2002, 15:26
Gb

Can't quite remember if they even questioned me about the type of course I attended. I did do an integrated course.
On the miminum requirements they ask for: Frozen ATPL issued by JAA or Frozen ATPL issued by UK CAA with Performance A. At least 1000 flying hours or have attended full-time CAA flying course or JAA approved flying course and Min of 50 hrs in last 12 months.

Hope this makes sense!

Spook 1

jasonjdr
12th Jun 2002, 15:39
Foghorn,

I did the same. But then heard from a self-abused buddy, who had sent in the app, that he had received a call from BACE to enquire if he was still interested! This was about 2/3 weeks ago. So I sent my app in straight away, only to be told they are most definatly not recruiting :(

Be interested to find out if anyone else has sent in an app recently (last 3 months) and were told they are on hold or given an interview?

Like spook1. Do you mind answering a few q's? What's your age? First time IR? First time ATPL's, and average?

Just trying to get an idea of the standards. Thanks in advance, and good luck! ;)

GonvilleBromhead
12th Jun 2002, 15:49
Cheers Spook.

STATLER
12th Jun 2002, 18:02
I gave their application hotline a call today and was taken through a list of questions.
They want the candidate to either have completed a full time intergrated course or if you are a modular CPL/IR they require 1000 hrs min, your I.R must also be current.
They then tell you that they can only place you in a holding pool for application form issue once they start to recruit.

Hope this helps

worzel
12th Jun 2002, 21:34
I sent my application form in last month, it was a literary masterpiece composed with assistance from two BACE pilots. About a week later I recieved a 'regret to inform you...' letter. I came through the modular route 18 months ago and met all of the initial criteria.

zero-lash valve lifter
13th Jun 2002, 10:35
Still looking for any info about CitiExpress. Anyone else having any joy? I am saying hello to them on Wednesday.

Cheers.

spook1
13th Jun 2002, 21:39
FL 245

I have sent you an email requesting any relevant info for BACX interview. Hope you can help!

Spook1

Honest Fr@nk
14th Jun 2002, 09:43
Completed their application form and sent it back quite a while ago. Rejected straight after and thats with an ATP rating???.

GARDENER
14th Jun 2002, 11:12
I simply got a letter last week in response to my sending of CV stating that they are not recruiting at the minute. This could be read as not recruiting me (low hours) at the moment.

I SH*T YOU NOT!

Mister Geezer
14th Jun 2002, 23:32
Citiexpress are under a lot of pressure from BA to take their cadets on, however they would rather take on people who will stay with them for a reasonable length of time!!!

However in the meantime, I noticed that some of you decided to not fill in the application form when you heard that BA Cadets were starting off on Citiexpress. At least give yourself a chance and fill in the form and send it back instead of shooting yourself in the foot before you have even done anything!

MG

foghorn
15th Jun 2002, 10:56
MG,

I'm not even sure if I qualify - 280hrs JAR modular CPL/IR - IMHO the recruiment line has been giving out misleading info regarding this.

However, as you say, you've got to be in it to win it, so I guess I'll dust off that form and fill it out.

cheers!
foggy.

Bob Fleming
15th Jun 2002, 18:27
Foghorn

I spent a good part of whole day filling in their appl form about 3 weeks ago and got a straight rejection with a 'please dont' reapply for 12 months' added on the end for good measure.

I met all their criteria (integrated).

Good luck!:(

Crosswind Limits
15th Jun 2002, 19:36
You have my sympathy Mr Fleming as does everyone else. This distinction between courses is so ridiculous it's untrue. Why the hell don't they just conduct a thorough selection process with the best men/women getting through regardless of which course they completed. :confused:

foghorn
16th Jun 2002, 10:23
Thanks for the insight, Bob. I guess filling it in and sending it will do no harm. Even if it gives me a 'Dear John' letter to add to my ever-expanding pile...

cheers!
foggy.

Snigs
17th Jun 2002, 20:21
I sent mine in in April, I got a thanks for completing the form, you will be advised shortly if you meet our requirements, but all external recruitment is on hold... blah blah.

A nice letter in the circumstances, more than you get from some, but alas I've not been advised since then whether I'm pending or in the bin.

I'm full time modular (whole ATPL in 12 months), and I'm local, but it doesn't seem to matter!!

LS2002
29th Jun 2002, 18:33
Can someone please confirm who is operating the 737-5's from MAN.

I understand they were originally operated by BAR.

So were they passed on to BACE or are they operated my BA mainline ??

the_blonde_girl
1st Jul 2002, 09:30
I had an interview at Weston Super Mare, they were very nice.

I also received the 'we regret to inform you that on this occasion.....blah blah' letter a week later.

Oh well, guess that's a few more captains I might have to consider sleeping with;)

Sick
1st Jul 2002, 20:25
I might be able to pull some strings at our place for you, blonde girl.

Of course I would need a little persuading... ;)

Spit15
20th Aug 2002, 15:07
Can anyone point me to the recent citiexpress advert (if there indeed was one). Have just regained Class 1 after long spell in hospital and missed out on the real world going-ons!

A personnel/recruitment tel no. if anyone knows it would be much appreciated.

Thanks... keep the faith.

MJR
21st Aug 2002, 12:48
Citiexpress are currently advertising for ATP type rated pilots to be based at Manchester in this weeks Flight International. I dont know the number for the recruitment hotline but I would be interested too.

cheers

MJR

BluffOldSeaDog
22nd Aug 2002, 18:25
Can only think that trying the switchboard at Viscount House IOM would be a good starting point - 01624 826000.

BOSD BACE Forum Moderator :p

Spit15
23rd Aug 2002, 08:03
Thanks MJR & BOSD, will try as suggested.

Whoever said bricks weren't aerodynamic.... depends what you wrap'em in!

;)

Impressive_Wingspan
23rd Aug 2002, 22:19
I must say what surprises me at the moment reading this thread and in my experience, is the difference in what people both writing and telephoning regarding recruitment are being told. I myself called the BACE recruitment line to be told that they where not recruiting, interviewing or even sending out application forms at present. The latter i knew to be an untruth because my girlfriend (who lives at the same address) called the recruitment line one week before me and received an application form a couple days later. Now i wasn't about to reveal this to the young chap on the telephone and cast an embarrassing silence on the conversation, but i did wonder what the game plan was. :confused:

zoru
24th Aug 2002, 20:53
Spook 1

hope it went well.

have you done the sim check yet?

any one out there in the holding pool?any news?

cheers.