PDA

View Full Version : Ipad help

cxpilot
6th May 2015, 18:06
I got an iPad mini and I'm trying to get the company manuals on it. I went to flight crew, manuals, download manuals, and tried to download PDF manuals but can't get it to work. Do I need to do it a different way and or do I need to get apps for it? I'm sure I'm missing an easy step out there.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Hamrah returns
6th May 2015, 18:35
Dropbox and Goodreader are your friends.

If you have a Dropbox account you can have it on your PC and iPad. Put all the manuals you want on your iPad into Dropbox on your PC, then they will also be available in Dropbox on your iPad. You can then " Open" them in the Goodreader App as "books" or " documents".

It will work with using "Cloud" app commonto both PC and IPad.

coldastone17
6th May 2015, 19:39
Have u tried goodreader app?

cxpilot
6th May 2015, 20:09
No I have not. After I download it from the app store do I download the manuals from within the goodreader app or do I do it from CX website?

Thanks for the help

Flying Lawyer
7th May 2015, 01:32
Do you have iBooks on your iPad mini?

I ask because I have numerous statutes and other large pdf docs on my (ordinary) iPad which I've downloaded from the internet.
Once the pdf is downloaded, I have the option of opening (and storing) it in various apps - one of which is iBooks.

Try tapping on the top right corner of the doc to see if you have the same facility.
When I do that, a menu appears.

When stored in iBooks there is a facility to sort by category - very useful for quick reference.

Loopdeloop
7th May 2015, 03:06
If you go to intraCX/Flight Crew Team/Fleet e-library there's a step by step guide under All Fleets/syncing company edocs with iPad.

If you're on a Boeing fleet they have a fleet specific dropbox you can sync with that has all the updated manuals plus a bunch of other useful stuff. This is the easiest way and means you don't have to go through the palaver of getting the edocs synced on your own computer.

Flying Clog
7th May 2015, 05:23
You lot need to get out more.

Who gives a sheet about the manuals. And wtf is 'yammer' by the way?

:}

Will IB Fayed
7th May 2015, 09:33
And wtf is 'yammer' by the way?

I keep telling my 8yr old that once a jokes been done once, it ceases being funny. It appears you lot are the same.

Jim B is the only one who can take credit for that awesome reply all....

CCA
7th May 2015, 13:54
This is on the AOA forum, CX is not complying with its AOC, it's expecting it's pilots to try and find a way to get the required manuals through loopholes and work arounds.

CX, you want electronic manuals provide them with it, last time I checked you didn't provide them with a laptop, desktop, iPad or smart phone!

But nice to see ISD gives some crew iPads.

And NO you can no longer get paper manuals.

CAD are you doing your job?????

cxpilot
7th May 2015, 19:59
I got it to work, thanks for the help.

cpnkirk59
8th May 2015, 14:43
I'm not sure if all your questions are answered (you did say you got it to work!?).

First, as your mates answered, you can sync goodreader or download through your browser (on you regular computer or IPAD mini). Store it in Dropbox or open it in Goodreader (when downloading on your IPAD).

There are many good things about Goodreader; although, I like to use Adobe most of the time. Goodreader is too complicated for most the of the stuff I want to do. You should be able to convert your roster (? your work schedule) to a PDF and read it in either app.

My companies scheduling software is Oracle based and doesn't work well with IOS. I download my schedule on a microsoft computer and store the PDF in dropbox. I open it up later on my Ipad.

Adobe is available in Itunes and has all the same abilities to highlight docs or make notes in the the doc.

RP