PDA

View Full Version : Peripherals....

Phalconphixer
6th May 2015, 11:25
Quick possibly stupid question....
I have serviceable printers a d a scanner originzlly purchased to work with Windows XP and Vista 32 biit computers. Will they work with 64 bitcomputers using W7....
Thanks

le Pingouin
6th May 2015, 12:40
Maybe, maybe not. Google is your friend.

lomapaseo
6th May 2015, 14:37
For me, I just plugged them in and found out that they all worked. Turns out that they were all less than 5 years old.

MidlandDeltic
6th May 2015, 15:16
Not sure about the printers - you may be lucky or not. For the scanners, as a satisfied customer I can recommend Vuescan, which covers a lot of scanners on current operating systems (and in the case of my Epson much better than the original drivers). See if your scanner is here :

Supported Scanners | VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/supported-scanners.html)

jimtherev
6th May 2015, 22:39
Personally I've found W7 very amenable. Plug the printer in; windoze says err wait a minute, I'll see if I can do anything... installing drivers... good to go.
It does depend how old your printer(s) are, but I haven't had a failure yet (6 printers so far). Like Deltic, however, I've found Vuescan v. useful.

Phalconphixer
6th May 2015, 23:58
Thanks for the help guys. Will see what happens!
Pp

Ancient Observer
7th May 2015, 17:03
My older but wi-fi enabled printer (Canon) did not like my 64 bit Win 7, and its combination with a BT 3 wifi unit, but it worked when I used a cable. As jim the rev says, it takes a few minutes, (assuming pc is connected to net).

izod tester
7th May 2015, 20:32
I have some old Canon scanners which would work with Win 7 32 bit, but not with 64 bit. Canon advised that they did not intend to provide new drivers for them. However, I installed VirtualBox and then created a Win XP virtual machine which the scanners would talk to. The scans were then saved to a directory which was shared with the Win 7 host system.