PDA

View Full Version : PPL Checkride FAA vs CASA

dreamed2fly
6th May 2015, 07:30
Is the PPL Oral part of the checkride from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr483zBbQKw

similar to the Australian PPL oral part?

if, not what differences are they if not similar?

cos i have my ppl flight test coming up and im really nervous about it.

lee_apromise
6th May 2015, 07:37
Based on my experience, CASA ATOs only ask about things you got wrong on your theory exams. It is written on your KDR.

However, FAA Inspectors and DPEs ask everything. They don't care about KDR (your deficiency is also written on FAA written test result form). They will ask everything they want to ask and demand answers.

FAA Inspectors are much harder hardcores compared to DPEs. :yuk: But if you pass FAA Inspectors' oral tests, you are pretty good. :ok:

dreamed2fly
6th May 2015, 09:31
I see and i guess the pre test is way harder than the real test
in the sense of the ground theory part?

lee_apromise
6th May 2015, 09:51
I see and i guess the pre test is way harder than the real test
in the sense of the ground theory part?

Well, oral test is a part of your checkride. It is not a pre-test. As long as you know what you are talking about, you will be fine. Besides, if you get a DPE, he will probably buy you a lunch if you pass, putting Aussie stingy ATOs into shame. :p

dreamed2fly
6th May 2015, 10:22
Lucky im getting an ato

roundsounds
10th May 2015, 12:02
I'd suggest whoever is doing your training should be able to satisfactorily answer this question. If they can't, you're not likely to pass. Flight training should encompass the privileges, limitations and regulations as well as the technical skills required to safely and legally operate an aircraft. This education process should be an integral part of your training, not just crammed in the day before the flight test. If you search the web for "CASA form 61-1488" you'll find the guide used by the testing officer. It's broken down into ground and flight components. Good luck with the test.

dreamed2fly
12th May 2015, 06:44
roundsounds thanks will check the form out

captjns
12th May 2015, 20:09
You access the FAA's web site and review the Practical Standards Test Guide used by DPEs and FAA inspectors.