PDA

View Full Version : Jerez Comms Question

moist
22nd Jul 2001, 13:27
While I'm planning my possible year in Jerez, could you tell me a bit about their communication facilities?

Is there somewhere where I can send and receive emails?

Is there a public phone at the base?

If I had my own computer, would there be a telephone point in my room to send and receive emails from?

Wee Weasley Welshman
22nd Jul 2001, 13:39
There are free access PC's with web connections, your room telephone should by now be capable of international calls and last time I looked the LAN in each room was available to any student who wished to connect to it.

So it is
22nd Jul 2001, 14:45
They have 6 internet computers. They also have sockets to plug your laptop into the LAN this is not in your room. Direct dial to your room, the last I had heard you couldnt dial out , but they do have tech. to make it work but not the brains.They also have 2 public phones on site.

[ 22 July 2001: Message edited by: So it is ]

VFE
22nd Jul 2001, 16:16
Had a gander on Tuesday and the bedrooms do not have a dial out facility as yet but they will do soon.

Cuban_8
23rd Jul 2001, 00:13
M,

Situation as of this week:

1) As previously said, 6 public PC's for students (sounds a bit bleek, but there never seem to be access problems).

2) If you have a laptop (like a fair few here), spare network sockets are available. I say a laptop because these sockets are in the the computer rooms, not the bedrooms.

3) Room phones that are capable of receiving calls, but not of making external calls. This situation is not set to change in the near future.

4) 2 Payphones to make external calls.

Generally, communications are good and a lot of people tend to use mobile/calling card scams to call home.

Regards,

Cuban_8

moist
23rd Jul 2001, 11:25
Thanks guys you have all been very helpful.

Son of MOIST. (Using dad's username)