PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest at Thai Lion?

capt kickback
4th May 2015, 08:06
Evening all,
Anyone out there with the latest on Thai Lion?
Hiring/Firing and the backlog in training due DGCA shortage any info appreciated as its all gone very quite??:bored:

kwaiyai
10th May 2015, 04:10
Pilot Job: Thai Lion 737NG Captain

Sorry. This job opening is no longer available.

this is from From the Rishworth website

silverhawk
10th May 2015, 06:47
I wonder why Rishworth were dropped in favour of another agency?

ICAO did not like what they saw. Neither did I.

captjns
10th May 2015, 11:49
Another bottom feeding operation... Reminds me of Lion Air of... now where was that jet sea plane operation located?:}

Oh yeah.... same airline... same paint job... different AOC.

eyebrows
11th May 2015, 13:24
I hear all is not well in the Thai Lion Camp, the Dfo and his side kick both handed there notice in or were fired last Friday. Things are looking exciting

kwaiyai
12th May 2015, 05:20
The DFO being Captain Tony the Rayban King? Met him once that was enough tks,

captplaystation
12th May 2015, 18:05
Could make it more of a possibility with these two gone ? or will they be replaced with someone even worse.

captjns
12th May 2015, 20:03
captplaystation Could make it more of a possibility with these two gone? or will they be replaced with someone even worse.

If anything like the Indo operation, the replacements will either be puppets, or hacks.

Ansett737
2nd Jul 2015, 23:01
All members of Lion Group will be the same, the worst standarts and always close to an accident!

latetonite
31st Jul 2015, 12:11
To Ansett: believe me, they are not.

Ansett737
31st Jul 2015, 12:37
Do you really think so? It's the worst 737 operator in the world definetely! Ask people that worked there!

Ansett737
31st Jul 2015, 12:38
By an operator i mean Lion Group itself especially with their father indonesian Lion Air.

latetonite
1st Aug 2015, 03:51
Of the several Lion Air subsidiaries, there are three governing bodies involved: DGCA of Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. They behave all different.
Did you work for one of the airlines from Lion Air? And in what capacity? Please comment.

Ansett737
1st Aug 2015, 04:30
Do you defend your colleagues? Can you explain me is it normal in thai lion that people fly using their SOP from the previous employer as they didn't get any class before, OM is a total sh$t and training standarts are poor!

latetonite
1st Aug 2015, 04:46
I am not defending any colleagues. And I mentioned several airlines. So, have you worked there? Your English is very poor too.

Ansett737
1st Aug 2015, 04:50
No comments... Enjoy your job there dear linguistician...

latetonite
1st Aug 2015, 04:58
I did not say I have a job there. But I am probably in a position to judge better than you. Whether and where the standards are different.
'No comment..etc. ' is also a comment.
You did not fail the assessment, did you?

Ansett737
1st Aug 2015, 05:02
I even was't working there but i have two close friends to me, one was there for 3 years(lion) and another guy left in a month after things he'd seen. Don't you agree that they have a scary reputation? If you continue to defend them look through all pprune threads and maybe you'll change your mind! Stalling an arcft in clb, hard landings, tail strikes, flaps overspeed during go arounds, rw excursions etc... Didn't it say you anything about their training?!

latetonite
1st Aug 2015, 05:39
I am of course aware of those things. I also know the reputation, and can read PPRUNE.

But as you advertise yourself as a captain, you do not need training, do you?
Maybe your experience even would be appreciated.

Quoting things from the horses mouth does not contribute anything to This forum.

Ansett737
1st Aug 2015, 05:48
Everybody needs training, but the standart must be good! I won't work in a place that is totally unsafe because of that! And better to warn people about what to expect there, so they can widen their eyes and profoundly think before joining those carriers.

latetonite
1st Aug 2015, 12:34
But, Captain Ansett, YOU are the Safety of an aircraft, or are you also insinuating maintenance problems? Besides SOP's, If you go as an contractor to a low cost airline, you do not expect them to train you how to fly, do you?
If you were raised in a National airline, you should not have any problems.
If you are one of those Self Paying Space Cadets however, presenting you as captain, cause you have 3000 hrs playing with your iPad in the right hand seat somewhere else, cause you bought some sim time to have your license stamped with a type rating, well, then you should not be flying in the first place, let alone comment on airline operations, without first hand experience.
What makes you an expert on an airline with more than 200 planes flying everyday in ****ty weather, with crap ATC, bad radar coverage and funny runways? Especially when you only had two friends near the place.
And there are good and bad pilots everywhere. Trust me, I have seen quit a few all over the world.
Please come forward with your position and experience in aviation.
maybe then we discuss further.

Ansett737
1st Aug 2015, 17:57
wowww...you made a great time to write it. it'll be my last reply to you, as you can loose your patience and it can conclude to some mental problems for you or you will start to guess another things about my background. I was grown up in a major airline, and as i understood you thing that there must not be any training in low cost airline, and flying in a bad weather with a crap ATC and etc is not a reason to make a 4G in air with passengers on board. You definetely must be an insider in that crap airline to defend them... BBBBYYYYEEE!!!

piratepete
2nd Aug 2015, 03:42
Attention: LATE TONIGHT and ANSETT 737 CAPTAIN.A word from thousands of other PPRUNE people.PLEASE GO AWAY AND GROW UP FFS.CHILDISH CRAP.Oh and also please take a course on ENGLISH LANGUAGE, and its finer points of GRAMMAR etc, cheers, Peter.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
5th Aug 2015, 11:37
Hahahahahahahahaha. Well said Pirate.

niko
15th Oct 2015, 22:54
Very entertaining... :hmm:

... but seriously, is anybody there from inside the company that cares to share some factual information?:confused:

local roster during the 6 (or 10) weeks on in Bangkok, rate of local/expat pilots in the company, present management, actual net T&C's, assessment and OCC pass-rates, instructors and OPCs... anything?

Thx you for any help!

N

Cptgreen
18th Nov 2015, 13:06
Hi there...

Can somebody clear some information about this lion air??
Captain salary, safety, type of operation, is it worth? and if anyone heard about this fast track program at lion.

Pilot Job: B737NG Command Upgrade Program - Lion Air B737NG First Officer Upgrade Program - Lion Air - Rishworth Aviation (http://www.rishworthaviation.com/Opportunity/3342/b737ng-command-upgrade-program-lion-air.aspx)

Thanks!