PDA

View Full Version : EK/Dubai: Dual passports

lospilotos
3rd May 2015, 09:37
Anyone got any experience/problems working with dual valid passports? Like when you eventually get three days off, but need to hand in your passport for visa renewal and don't fancy hanging around Dubai for that...

Emma Royds
3rd May 2015, 09:59
You will cause serious problems for yourself if you present a passport when leaving the UAE that has no record of you entering the country, as that would be linked to your passport that has been submitted for your visa renewal.

Immigration will have reason to suspect that you have entered the country illegally.

lospilotos
3rd May 2015, 10:02
Yeah that makes sense. How about just leaving on E-gate, entering/leaving your home country on your second passport and then entering back into Dubai on E-gate?

Emma Royds
3rd May 2015, 10:17
You could still run into all sorts of issues.

If you have any issues with your e-gate card then you will face problems when you present a passport to the immigration officer that is different to the one that is paired to your e-gate.

Also when checking in for your flight back to Dubai, you would be presenting a passport at checkin which will contain different data to the one that EK hold on file for our staff travel.

My advice is don't give this any thought as you may seriously regret it if things go wrong.

GoreTex
3rd May 2015, 11:17
I used my egate and 2nd passport, no problem at all

Wizofoz
3rd May 2015, 11:26
Maybe you got away with it, Gortex, but your e-gate card is issued as a supplement to your visa.

You are required to carry that passport, with Visa, top use your e-gate, and you would have troubles if your e-gate card didn't work.

lospilotos
3rd May 2015, 11:43
Well, visa renewal is at a nice time of year, I think I'll just stay here then... Thanks guys!

ABBOT
3rd May 2015, 12:41
Been running dual passports,dual nationality for years. Three passports in total. No issues in UAE, or anywhere else. Just remember what one has what in it visa wise.

White Knight
3rd May 2015, 20:46
Been running dual passports,dual nationality for years

Aren't you lucky? Not easy for us English to get Indian or Pakistani passports... Bl00dy easy the other way around though!!!!!

Boeingrestricted
3rd May 2015, 21:24
Well maybe you have misbehaved in both India and Pakistan throughout recent history. And they are kind of reserved? I don't know It's just a thought, white knight.