PDA

View Full Version : Pay rates

bong737
28th Apr 2015, 11:17
Hi I'm moving to Malaysia from Ireland and keen to understand the going rates for 737 pilots in the region. Probably will be contracting at first but want a full time job down the line. Any ballpark numbers for daily, monthly contract rates and full time salaries?

wonderland
29th Apr 2015, 05:20
Ain't any jobs down here at the moment mate unless you are a captain, DCA also has restrictions on FO hiring for foreigners to protect the locals.

Metro man
29th Apr 2015, 05:34
Lion Air in Indonesia have a pay to fly scheme, not sure how much it would cost you.;)

Seriously though, I doubt very much that you would be working in Malaysia especially as a B737 driver. Most of the jobs around here are A320. China would probably be worth a look for a Boeing pilot, Shenzhen and Xiamen were hiring recently.

bong737
29th Apr 2015, 06:52
Cheers guys - do you know how much a Captain with 1500 hrs PIC on a 737 (or A320 come to that) might get on a daily, monthly, annual basis?

galdian
29th Apr 2015, 11:54
Must be one hell of a lady to be changing the environ from Ireland to Malaysia!

Whilst maybe a bad guess (and my most humble apologies :ok:) make the comment as can only imagine movement in the reverse direction now that RyanAir are offering full time employment.

At least I HOPE that's what's happening otherwise a number of present staff have left/will leave and (possibly) end up disappointed with their decision.

Cheers
galdian

jetjockey696
29th Apr 2015, 14:04
Try Lion Air Thai... Looking for Captains.. salry 9-10K USD depends who you talk to...

bong737
30th Apr 2015, 07:18
Cheers for that - and yes, it must be too obvious! Settling in KL with Malaysian wife now that kids are grown. Worse places on the planet, but would still like to have gainful employment if at all possible. Thought contract might be a possibility, as I dont mind being away from home for a few weeks at a time.
Will try Lion Air also - thanks

jetjockey696
30th Apr 2015, 12:41
OKeey... since you married a Malaysian.. that slightly better.. you have a slim chance.. if you have can obtain malaysian PR. or already have one.

good hunting..

LowLevelAviator
30th Apr 2015, 18:47
Lion Air in Indonesia have a pay to fly scheme, not sure how much it would cost you.;)

Could you please advice us on how to apply for it? I have been waiting for it for a long time.