PDA

View Full Version : EK; Flight crew departure timeline form; no longer published

Kamelchaser
27th Apr 2015, 17:25
Formally withdrawn from the briefing package as of 22 April.

Circling of the wagons after the WSJ article?

Of course no formal advice to crew. It just happened.

swh
27th Apr 2015, 17:43
What was the purpose of this form ?

Avid Aviator
27th Apr 2015, 17:56
So we brief the CC at ETD - 60, as per our published report time, I guess??
Tried this yesterday, the Purser came in 3 times to say "we're waiting for you"!!
Still got out on time though.

I enquired and the timeline has been officially pulled, saw the directive from above. No reason attached of course, can only guess.

White Knight
27th Apr 2015, 18:34
The time - line form was only ever for crumpling up and putting straight into the recycling box... I only ever brief the CC when I want to... Be it earlier or later than the 'mandated' time!!!

Kapitanleutnant
27th Apr 2015, 19:20
I guess business at the Costa will be increasing as we all just chill out in there until 1 hour prior….

Emma Royds
27th Apr 2015, 21:07
The instruction for this to stop came from Regulatory Affairs. No real surprise there I guess!

Whairdhugo
27th Apr 2015, 22:57
Our duty time should start when we get in the transport. One of the few things I remember from indoc was fleet telling us the company considers us "at work" and "on duty" once we're in the company car.

FNGDXB
27th Apr 2015, 23:41
The briefing timeline still exists. When you check in at the sign on kiosk your flight number and briefing time are still displayed. Similarly, in the briefing room on the computer the 'time to crew brief' is still counting down.

Last Skipper I flew with took a picture of both. The company can try to hide the paper trail but this is too big to be buried and EK have been outed. Now its just a matter of awaiting the consequences.

My last post for quite a while by the way. I am now out of here.

Good luck guys and girls.

falconeasydriver
28th Apr 2015, 02:59
You guys echo my thoughts, paper trail and all that, while Im at it, completed the last bits of paperwork finally...outta here soon too :ok:

youtube.com/watch?v=lSq4f5q4TnY

Dropp the Pilot
28th Apr 2015, 04:49
So the timetable paper is missing and the skipper has his spyphone/camera in hand and Regulatory Affairs is meeting with Deep Throat in an underground parkade...

Before this turns into the latest Grisham novel, could a few people step in to describe how "duty on" time is tallied at other airlines? Is it significantly different?

Neptune Spear
28th Apr 2015, 05:12
Most international airlines have a 90 min check in time which translate into the pilot's start of his duty time. Also at the end of the flight the crew has 30 mins of post flight duties. That is an extra 60 mins of duty time that Emirates pilots are not afforded.
In addition to this Emirates duty time limitations are longer than FAA limits for a specific time criteria.
To say the pilots here are overworked and have the deck stacked against them is a severe understatement. Everything from a regulator that rubber stamps everything the airline wants to an employer who tries to squeeze every ounce of productivity out of its pilots is very disheartening.
As has been said before the only option is to leave if you don't like it.