PDA

View Full Version : Mac logbook software

My names Turkish
25th Apr 2015, 10:29
I've been using pilots pal for a long time but it's website has been down for a while now, it hasn't been updated for about 5 years and the iOS apps have been removed from the app store.

I'm looking for a replacement. Logten Pro seems to have had some very unhappy customers with their subscription model. I'm not a fan of subscription software rightly or wrongly, neither am I interested in a web based version.

I've had a search around but I can't find what I am looking for; a simple logbook without a ton of feature bloat like schedule importers etc, and an iOS app that syncs through iCloud or dropbox. I don't mind paying good money for it but I don't want to be tied in to subscriptions and I want the data based on my computer not on someone elses.

Any recommendations?

Dct_Mopas
25th Apr 2015, 13:05
MccPilotLog has been excellent for myself, and they have just released a Mac version of the software.

It does have loads of features, but you dont need to use them. Its a one time payment as well for more features. But the basic software is free.

Flying Wild
7th May 2015, 09:46
+1 for previous post.
I've been a happy customer for around 5 years. They've been responsive to any requests for features and with help for any issues.