PDA

View Full Version : Virgin flights from per to Phuket without liferaft

union
25th Apr 2015, 08:01
Someone told me that virgin has been ignoring the 400 nm life rafts rule and casa is now investigating.

Can anyone from virgin confirm this?

planeloader
25th Apr 2015, 08:40
I am sure someone from Virgin would confirm that,that's if they didn't want to work for them any more.

wheels_down
25th Apr 2015, 09:42
You sound like you work in the media, chasing a story and all….

A good journo always does their research. Jump on one of the many tracker websites, enter in the flight number and up comes the rego.

And there you have it, all Internationally configured aircraft operating the route.

Mods, close the thread. :mad:

Ted Nugent
25th Apr 2015, 09:43
Easy, you can remain within 400nm of land on the entire route between PER-HKT.

Pinky the pilot
25th Apr 2015, 10:28
A good journo always does their research

Quite so. But be honest with yourself; Just how many good Journos are there?:confused::ugh:

My experience, and yes I have had some, is that the good ones are these days a minority!:*

Kiwiconehead
25th Apr 2015, 11:07
Quite so. But be honest with yourself; Just how many good Journos are there?

I know a few good journos, but they are all retired these days - and aren't very complimentary about the current crop

Rabbitwear
26th Apr 2015, 00:15
Maybe the beef is with the authorities assuming you can swim 400 miles in a life vest.

harrryw
26th Apr 2015, 02:17
You do not have to swim Just float and rescuers will be with you within the standard time of 45 minutes ( Public holidays and weekends excepted).

noclue
26th Apr 2015, 10:14
You do not have to swim Just float and rescuers will be with you within the standard time of 45 minutes ( Public holidays and weekends excepted).

400nm in 45mins?! That's a pretty quick chopper.