PDA

View Full Version : The 49ers II

Raptor4
25th Apr 2015, 05:24
JW's new book is out on 1st May.

https://www.facebook.com/The.49ers.TTS?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Free Flight
4th May 2015, 07:25
Reading this to find out more about the "management" that we are presently negotiating with for our lives.
It doesn't look like ethics or values are words in their vocabulary.

Must read for everyone:

The 49ers II -The Rest of the Story - Kindle edition by John Warham. Professional & Technical Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Raptor4
5th May 2015, 05:43
Updated links are here:

Trafalgar
5th May 2015, 13:32
Just purchased the book on iBooks. Guys and girls, please, BUY a copy of the book. Not only is it important to completely and deeply understand the "nature of the beast" that we work for (especially now), but it is also a moral imperative to support those that paid a heavy sacrifice in every area of their lives. That sacrifice has bought all of us the ability to face down the immoral people at the heart of this travesty, and hopefully hold them to account in future negotiations. For the price of a couple of beers in Wanchai, PLEASE show some solidarity with all those that genuinely suffered on our behalf, and BUY THE BOOK. Please, everyone......buy a copy. The more the book is out there, the more light is shone on the creatures that caused so much misery and injustice.

sos
5th May 2015, 14:31
Trafalgar - thanks for the heads up.

I could not put the first book down !
Brilliant read and should be given to ALL new joiners of CX on behalf
of the AOA.

Can you please paste a link to ibooks of the 2nd book .
The 49ers part 2

Raptor4
5th May 2015, 14:54
Go here:

raven11
5th May 2015, 23:37
Just bought mine on Kindle...

ACMS
6th May 2015, 10:22
Me too. :ok:

CXpletive
6th May 2015, 15:22
Perfect timing, just in case anybody had forgotten exactly who we are dealing with here.

Excellent and, quite frankly, required reading for anyone involved in this circus.

The name is Porter
14th May 2015, 11:00
I click on the Facebook link that takes you to Amazon, it says that price info is not available? I want to download it to my iPad kindle app, any tips? I don't see anywhere on Amazon that I can download it from?

ACMS
14th May 2015, 11:03
in my case go to Amazon.com.au
Then select Kindle store ( in the search box )

Then search for the book. I searched for 49ers 2

It should come up quickly.

http://www.amazon.com.au/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=49ers+2

Just checked and it comes up in the Amazon.com store as well. $28

The name is Porter
14th May 2015, 11:19
Cool, worked out my Luddite moment. For AU based people you've got to go to the .com.au site!

valhalla634
19th May 2015, 06:05
All CX and KA pilots need to read part 2. It is up to date with current issues like the cancelling of RP's at CX. Cost - one ( small) round of drinks!!

Apart from education, it's a great read. Go and download a copy.

scavengepump
20th May 2015, 04:56
Congratulations John! Another very well written insight into the despicable way in which CPA manages it's employees and the other assorted googlies life throws at you. Couldn't put Part II down and had it knocked off overnight.

Mandatory reading for all, particularly those employed post 2001.

Best of luck to both of you with your move to Thailand - you deserve it!

speedyb
21st May 2015, 20:02
Gawd, here we go again. If you wankers feel so hard done by, show you have knackers, and quit. But no, you all stay on and spew your discontent.

controlledrest
21st May 2015, 21:16
One quickly reaches a point in life when one can't quit. Seniority prevents that. It means that we have to take the pineapples. The trick is to get on the seniority list with a decent company. Fear of dismissal prevents many from growing a pair and fighting the company. We too should be moving towards strike action….

raven11
22nd May 2015, 11:00
Curtain Rod......
Nicely summed up.

Captain Dart
22nd May 2015, 11:20
speedyb my man, you have just been 'served'.

Dragon88
22nd May 2015, 12:18
I need a help: How to contact JW?
Thanks!

FlexibleResponse
23rd May 2015, 06:38
Write to his publisher?

Arfur Dent
23rd May 2015, 06:47
Well said CR
What an Employer eh? Somebody goes to the trouble of writing TWO books about your antics. How bloody awful is that when you started off with such a fine product and such an on side Team.
A bit like screwing over a Spitfire Squadron or the Red Arrows. Exactly like that, actually.........Christ Almighty!:mad:

Raptor4
23rd May 2015, 10:40
Dragon88, have a look at your private mail

raven11
24th May 2015, 04:34
A very good read....

JW is an excellent writer. The story he weaves is one of a man exposed to one tragedy after another. Life keeps throwing him to the mat, but time and time again....like a pit bull...he just picks himself up and returns to the fray. Very inspirational stuff.

There are a lot of court transcripts included that I personally just could not absorb, so I skimmed those parts and focused on the story lines. But if one is so inclined, one could spend time on the transcripts as well as the personal stories and his assessment of where the industry is today.

He does get a bit political near the end, but he throws his punches at all sides of the political spectrum to highlight the greed and corruption where it exists.

It is up to date as he bisects letters from the DFO written as late as this past spring.....very current stuff.

Every one of us here today owes it to John to do the right thing....buy and read this book.

happy ending
25th May 2015, 05:21
Excellent book. A must read to understand the same mythology of today's saga. Nothing has changed!

jack schidt
2nd Jun 2015, 11:51
Bought to read in the sand pit. Good luck to the brothers out there in FHForum.

J