PDA

View Full Version : Spain Night VFR

MikeNYC
24th Apr 2015, 19:46
I'm planning a number of aerial photo/filming flights currently, and haven't been able to get a reliable answer about night VFR flight in Spain. We've gotten multiple opposing answers from operators in Barcelona, and I'm having difficulty making sense of the JAR / Spain differences rules. Most of what I've read seems to be specific to HEMS.

I've read 3 things: Night VFR is not permitted, that night VFR is permitted so long as a permit is applied for each flight, and that Night is possible with proper endorsements and approved airports. What's the story? Do we need an IFR-equipped aircraft for a night photo/filming flight in Barcelona?

GoodGrief
24th Apr 2015, 20:39
AIP Spain.
Gen 1.7, 4.3 vfr night

http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3D888%2F10%2FLE_GEN_ .pdf&blobkey=id&blobnocache=true&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1237567993053&ssbinary=true

MikeNYC
24th Apr 2015, 20:54
GoodGrief, thanks, exactly what I needed. Couldn't find that easily, or my Google skills are weak.

RVDT
24th Apr 2015, 23:39
And you will probably need an operator with an approval to operate within El Prat Barcelona TMA Area 2 (*)

(*) NO AUTORIZADO VUELOS VFR / VFR FLIGHTS NOT ALLOWED.

MikeNYC
25th Apr 2015, 22:16
RVDT, thanks, yes I see that now. I get spoiled in USA with airspace being relatively open, except for the DC SFRA. Here, a quick phone call to TRACON before lifting is usually all it takes for our odd altitude requests.