PDA

View Full Version : Airmed

great expectations
10th Jun 2002, 09:53
Just had a look at AIRMED website and was fairly impressed.

General concensus on it as a training school? Is it really as good as it looks? And how does it really compare to the other European JAR schools?

What sort of prices are they looking at for an ab initio ATPL?

Just a point of interest. Cheers.

GE xx ;)

VFE
10th Jun 2002, 13:17
Hi Great Expectations!

Nice to see you me ole mucker. Sorry I never got to say tarrah before I scooted off to train in Blighty but all the best to you mate!

Airmed? Apparently they do alot of the teaching in Spanish so if you or ya mates are gonna go there then you best get your sweet bottie down to those language lessons that the Welfare "Officer" runs!

Take care and good luck to ya mate.

VFE.

PS: It's raining here. :(

tomcs
10th Jun 2002, 15:39
Hi! GE. i got their latest brochure and video yesterday....it seems pretty good, they are well equipped and it seems like a friendly atmosphere, and they have an excellent airport.

The price for the abinitio ATPL is 62,400 Euros which is about £40000.

Which is for the minimum of 180 flying hours and 90 simulator hours. And that includes the exams and groundschool.

Hope this helps

Tom

jocko0102
10th Jun 2002, 15:43
ITS ABOUT 39K FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD.THEY ONLY TEACH THE SPANIARDS IN SPANISH EVERYONE ELSE IS DONE IN ENGLISH.IT APPEARS TO BE A VERY WELL RUN SCHOOL WITH GOOD PASS RATES IN EVERYTHING FROM WHAT I CAN REMEMBER.THE MANAGEMENT WERE VERY OPEN AND HONEST ABOUT WHO THEY ARE AND PROSPECTS IN AVIATION.YOU CAN SIT IN ON LECTURES DURING YOUR VISIT IF YOU WISH AND THEY WERE WILLING TO ANSWER EVERY QUESTION I ASKED INCLUDING PASS RATES,SAFETY,ACCOUNTS ETC.THE THING THAT MIGHT PUT PEOPLE OFF IS THE FACT THEY ARE NOT WELL KNOWN A FACT THAT THEY OPENLY ADMITTED.MIND YOU I RECKON YOU ARE LESS LIKELY TO FALL FOUL OF ATC BECAUSE THEY ARE SPANISH UNLIKE ALONG THE ROAD AT BAE. VALENCIA IS A TOP PLACE!

scroggs
10th Jun 2002, 21:41
Ouch! Don't shout, mate, it's rude. Try hitting the 'Caps Lock' key so that it defaults to lower case. I expect you've been wondering what that little green light was telling you!;)

jessie02
11th Jun 2002, 22:18
great expectations

I totally agree with Jocko's comments as i have also visited Airmed and was very impressed with there attitude to someone willing to spend their lifes saving at there school.

I spent 4 hours or so with their general manager and was also shown around the facilities by an instructor.Everything is taught in english and there were 2 english students there at the time of my visit.They were expecting to take delivery of a airbus 320 simulator at the time but not sure whether that ever materialized?

The major "sold" point for me was that i expressecd concern about passing the writtens and the manager said to go and pass and then come back for the rest of the training.

To me that sounds like an organisation that has its students interests at heart and not only its own finances.Having said that OAT said exactly the same so i would choose either of those two.

Personally living in spain is a little more appealing than stuffy ole britain!

your choice.

jessie

The Original Jetpipe
12th Jun 2002, 11:31
Hi jessie02 and jocko0102

Have sent you both an e-mail. Asking a few questions about Airmed in Spain.

Thankyou in advance of any replys.
The Original Jetpipe.

jocko0102
12th Jun 2002, 15:11
In lower case this time!
The A320 sim was just going through its final checks when i was ther in Feb.
Not a bad toy to have,shows they are serious about training.

Eff Oh
13th Jun 2002, 13:21
Whats wrong Great Expectations not enjoying Jerez??? ;) Hope you are well. See ya soon. :) x

miss magenta
13th Jun 2002, 19:06
Hi All

Just been over the water to Valencia only today. Spent some time looking round Airmed and also talking to students outside. Was very impressed. The simulator was not only there but I had a look in it. It will be operative as from 1st July according to them.
The airport seems just right, not too big and busy but certainly not quiet.
They go on my short list for IR.