PDA

View Full Version : Emirates route DXB - MAN

Mr Mac
24th Apr 2015, 17:22
Question to the forum
Does anyone know why Emirates have started crossing the English coast at Southend , and then turning NW for MAN. I am a regular on the route and we often used to use the same route over Lincolnshire and West Yorkshire as the outbound flight. Just struck me on my return this lunchtime with them, that this no longer seems the case regardless of wind direction at MAN. I am with them a minimum of once a month and have been for many years, and just wondered why the change regardless of which of the 3 services I have been on, seemed to change about 16 months ago if that helps. Look forward to your ideas as to why.

Regards
Mr Mac

Musket90
24th Apr 2015, 18:37
The wind at Manchester is not relevant. It's likely to do with the jet stream winds between Turkey and the UK with the flight avoiding strong headwinds at high level, similar to N Atlantic flights. A slight adjustment further south over Europe will result in entering UK airspace over Essex.

Sometimes eastbound flights from Manchester to Middle East route south over London for the same reason.

kcockayne
24th Apr 2015, 18:39
It's either that, or ATC routing.

Ivan aromer
25th Apr 2015, 07:55
It what the FP computer says!

PLAMALTN
25th Apr 2015, 19:37
I live in the South and have seen this flight routing in over Southend for donkey's, nothing new I'm afraid.