View Full Version : Could of kissed the postperson!!!

GeordieFlyer
12th Jun 2001, 22:55
well she is a blonde and rather nice!!!!
The reason being she had my nice new PPL, I feel on top of the world today. I trained in the US and now its up to my local club (Newcastle) to venture into the Wild Blue Yonder. So, what now? well I am nearly 43...ancient i know but I want to fly commercially not bothered what or for who, maybe just set my sights on the Regionals, all you "Pros" out there, do you think I am mad because of my age or what? I need some words of encourgement. Thanks for listening to me blabbing on and good luck with all your dreams.

IanBowden
13th Jun 2001, 00:28
Nice to see someone from Newcastle Aero Club! I have flown there once (have more than 1 hour though!) and have a block of lessons booked for the summer, after my exams. The Warriors there are fantastic to fly and the instructors are all friendly! I am only 17 but i certainly don't think that you are daft in trying to get into commercial aviation, you can't get a sponsorship maybe, but, hey, you have as good a chance as any i suppose, if you have the money (want to give me some!)

Ian

GeordieFlyer
13th Jun 2001, 00:39
Hey... Thanks for the reply, I wish I was 17 and just starting out. I am really going to give it a go and get my ATPL. You never know we may fly together up in Geordie Land.

NORDIC
13th Jun 2001, 01:18
Hey! Well done and congratulations Geordie! Always nice to see others in the area getting what they want out of this business!

You should set your sights on nothing BUT what you really want. When you achieve your first step, you should have the next step planned already, and be working on the step after that also!

Newcastle really is a nice airport to fly in and out of, I did some flying there, however although it is my 'home', the majority of my flying has not been there!

Hope to see you in the aeroclub someday.

Don't give up the spirit...

Cheers,

NORDIC :)

prob30
13th Jun 2001, 01:21
Dont be discouraged!! I heared a story about a guy who did his atpl at 50 odd, and after targeted all the small small airlines. He got a job, and apart from his talents as a pilot he had grey hair. HR person said "punters like a bit of grey hair in the cockpit"!!! Go for it and good luck!

GeordieFlyer
13th Jun 2001, 01:39
Thanks Nordic and prob30, I am going back to California on the 22nd to do some hours then when up to the Aero club to join the happy band of aviators there. Looking at enrolling on the ATPL theory course, build more hours and so on. Yes, I think if you have the will and determination you can achieve most things and it is nice to hear about the 'Grey haired brigade' mind you mine is not grey yet. Thanks for the kind words and good luck in what you are doing.