View Full Version : Wannabe Website

MikeSamuel
12th Jun 2001, 20:04
Just beginning to construct a wannabe site, doing the graphics etc... Stuck for a name though. Anyone got any ideas of good names for such a site?
Hopefully it will contain info of all sponsorships and schemes available, as well as real life experiences of pilots.
If any of you wish to help out by giving me your stories, recommendations etc, e-mail me.

Thanks

Mike

john41
12th Jun 2001, 20:12
www.ronchonner's (http://www.ronchonner's) site

EGDR
12th Jun 2001, 20:15
What's wrong with this one ???????

Autofly
12th Jun 2001, 20:28
I've got a good name ..... PPRuNe.

Mike, you'll be doing well to get a similar sort of trade and reputation of this site.

Good idea but ........

No hard feelings.

Autofly

MikeSamuel
12th Jun 2001, 22:59
Not trying to match the quality and reputation of this site in any way, but I found few sources of a good deal of general information for wannabes, although PPRuNe is an exception to this rule.
It's just that I've had a few people e-mail me asking for really basic information, and I think a simple info site would be useful.
Not trying to compete, but would welcome the support of PPRuNe...

Regards

Mike

PPRuNe Towers
13th Jun 2001, 00:29
Mike,

With the turnover of people going through the system what wannabees really need is a hard core FAQ system. All the basic questions we see again and again explained and updated.

One way or another everything else seems to be available out there for anyone who can use a search engine.

------------------
Regards from the Towers
[email protected]

Big Red ' L '
13th Jun 2001, 00:33
WWW..... (http://WWW.....) World Wide Wannabees.com...!!

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

[This message has been edited by Big Red ' L ' (edited 12 June 2001).]

scroggs
13th Jun 2001, 01:30
I agree with Pprune Towers; we could really do with a reference site for the basic questions. Our archives partly cover this, and I know WWW has plans for more in this vein, but I reckon you could perform a useful service with such a facility, Mike. Subject to it actually offering what you say it will, I doubt we'd have any problem linking to it from this forum. We'll watch with interest...

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]

scroggs
14th Jun 2001, 23:58
I don't think too many here want to become an airline, just a pilot! And you're on a thin line between information and advertising, here, so tread carefully!!

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]