PDA

View Full Version : Dassault Inav question

LOOKUP
21st Apr 2015, 19:46
Hi guys

We're about to fly to NYC from Europe on our Falcon 2000LX easy I

At the the time I heard that the OTS routs can be shown on the Inav

I can't think of any way how this is possible, am I missing something?

Also any one can share maybe some tips regarding crossing the pond? We've been flying throught Europe, Asia and the Middle East but we never crossed westbound of Europe

Thanks,

LU

CL300
22nd Apr 2015, 05:48
where from Europe ? I mean last refueling ?

TheWrongTrousers
22nd Apr 2015, 07:25
LOOKUP,

You can programme them in to look at them, but I have not found a way to import them as they change daily. Willing to admit I've missed something in 3 years of EASy and EASy II.

Crossing the pond, we have done LUT to TEB numerous times, but requires M0.80 and FL470 step climbs with 50HW. The boss likes to go via Bangor flat out M0.86 and FL380, clear customs without hassle and then go on. 20 min turnarounds in Bangor are very easy as they are setup for it.

It really does depend on the winds and what you want to do.

Wallace

deefer dog
22nd Apr 2015, 08:51
I am not aware of any way you can display the tracks onto your EAsy 1 or 2 INAV. If you find a way of doing it please let me know because it would be a useful feature.

All the info you want will be found in your MNPS/RVSM manuals that come with your Ops Spec or Approvals.

If you are flying Westbound into NY area be aware that you will be required to descend quite a bit earlier than you would normally. Take a bit extra for this.

CL300
22nd Apr 2015, 15:36
it is a bit of tedious task, and at the end not really useful at all. Some people at NJE were doing it, i think in the secondary FPL, and plotting the 5 points of each track, prone to error IMHO, i dumped everything from this period, but i am sure that he wrote a "memo" about it somewhere, i will try to dig out from the digital archives.

Dan B.
22nd Apr 2015, 17:07
Tip from a Dassault test pilot when we crossed the pond with our brand new 2000S:
Use the alternate FPL. Plot the first WPT of the first track, then all the WPTs East/Westward, at the end of the track plot the last wpt of the second track then back to the first etc...
It takes a bit of time but it gives you great S.A.

(Of course don't forget to tick the alternate FPL in the INAV menu)

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/04/22/IMG_3182.jpg

Above The Clouds
22nd Apr 2015, 17:10
Yes you can show them on the Inav, you enter them all in manually as an extension to the alternate route so you get a series of parallel routes showing on the screen, to be honest its more trouble that its worth.

Sorry Dan B beat me to it.