PDA

View Full Version : Worth doing extra JAA exams!?

buttline
10th Jun 2002, 04:11
I'm doing my CPL(H) with ATPL(H) theory. Thinking about getting my fixed wing licence when I finish next month.

I've been told by the CAA that to convert my ATPL(H) theory to ATPL(A) theory I'll only have to sit POF, Performance and Aircraft Gen to get the ATPL(A) theory completed (until they come up with the proper bridging exams - whenever that will be).

However, the helicopter exams are a bit up in the air (this is the first year of JAA for helis) so there isn't much in the way of a syllabus for Mass and Balance, Flight Planning and Ops Procedures for helicopters. M&B is currently the old UK Loading paper and we don't even know yet what the syllabus is for the other two with just 4 weeks before the exams.

Does anyone think doing these subjects for ATPL(A) (voluntarily!)would be useful or should I just sit the three I have to sit?

Thanks,
Barry

pilota-italiano
10th Jun 2002, 10:09
I would only seat the 3!!!!!! and if you really want to know more about the other subjects just read the books, you will find lots of JAA questions at the end of the chapters as you probably know.

I am personally going through the JAA ATPL(A) and would never seat them volountarily if I didn't have to.

However this is only my opinion and everyone should feel free to do what they think is the better choice.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow(I am sitting Instruments and FLT PLN) and wed (MET)!!!!!

Cheers

PI:cool: