PDA

View Full Version : Air taxi/Land away/charter ideas urgently needed!!

Willstatt
20th Apr 2015, 10:58
Suggestions for the following problem much needed (and appreciated)

On 4th July, I need to be in Anglesey at a bike race. Unfortunately I'm in Cornwall for the week! the only possible solution is an early flight Newquay to Anglesey (Valley) on the morning of the 4th, and back that eve, or perhaps early on the morning of the 5th.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Will

Heliport
20th Apr 2015, 11:37
Assuming you want to go to the start of the Countrywide Great Tour which also visits Cornwall, why not ask 'Any cycling enthusiast/PPLs in Cornwall?'

You might find someone or even a group in Cornwall who would also like to see the start in Anglesey.

Willstatt
20th Apr 2015, 14:05
Thanks for the reply Hport.... Actually not for the cycle race; but for the 2nd round of the 'plop' enduro series on Anglesey. Mind you.... Perhaps there is a ppl plop somewhere? Fingers crossed!

Will

flybymike
20th Apr 2015, 15:30
Dependent upon the success of their last landing I would imagine.

Genghis the Engineer
20th Apr 2015, 16:06
A quick look online tells me that you could leave Exeter St. Davids station at 1924 on the Thursday evening and get into Bangor at 0124 on the Friday morning with a single change in Birmingham of 50 minutes - just enough to eat dinner.

Sunday morning, a return train leaving Bangor at 0743 will get into Exeter at 1352. The round trip will cost you about £85.

Realistically, that's probably the fastest, cheapest and most comfortable way to do the trip - have a hire car company drop a car at Bangor for you and add another £50 for a day's hire, plus whatever a night in a north Welsh hotel will cost you. Total bill probably about £200.

You'll then be far less at the mercies of the weather, and nobody needs to look over their shoulder about a prosecution for illegal remunerated passenger carriage.

If I was in the freelance air taxi business, and we were both happy doing the trip in a single, I doubt you'd have change from £1200 for the round trip with about 100 minutes + faffing each way. Done in a twin, double the price, shave 30 minutes off the times.

G