PDA

View Full Version : Any Farnair Captains CGN based here?

saucy jack
18th Apr 2015, 20:25
Dear All,

As do most ATR operators Farnair Switzerland seem to have ongoing recruitment for type-rated experienced captains. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

I wonder if there are any Captains on here with Cologne base who could let me know a bit about the set-up there these days in terms of typical monthly rosters (if there are such things), proceeding/positioning arrangements, accommodation at out-stations etc etc. and whether base CGN realistically means spending any time at home if living near Cologne. PPJN refers to 15 work days a month (presumably 3 times monday to friday and a full week and weekends off).

In particular I wonder if there have been positive changes since the take-over last year, and whether Pay-to-fly still exists there or if reports that co-pilots now receive a monthly salary are actually true.

Do CGN captains sign a german contract subject to german tax and Sozialversicherung and if so what are the main terms?

Please feel free to send a PM if you prefer; I would be grateful for any up to the minute information over and above what appears on PPJN.

All the best,

SJ

BlueVolta
20th Apr 2015, 07:09
Looks like the Farnair pilots are afraid to say anything.....