PDA

View Full Version : Finding A Business Jet Based on XYZ Specifications

wobsf
17th Apr 2015, 22:21
Hi There,

Fairly new to the forums - I thought it would be a good place to ask a few questions.

Background: I work for an executive who is in the process of leasing/purchasing a private plane. My task is to help with the process/gather information.

Goal: Gather information regarding the manufacturer/model of an airplane with the help of the forums.

Specifications:
-Executive would be mostly traveling out of SFO
-Frequently visited airports: SFO, STS, SMO, PHOG, MVY
-Looking at a 'mid' to 'mid-heavy' jet
-Maximum of 10 people, comfortably, without crew
-2 pilots and 8-10 max passengers (not looking for cabin crew on any flights)

Additional Specs:
-What I am having trouble with is the fact that the individual would like to go from SMO to PHOG, non-stop, with a max load (2 pilots + 8-10 passengers). This is fairly straight forward - but a lot of the airports mentioned above have fairly short runways for the above specifications.
-I have been looking at the Embraer legacy 500 as a potential aircraft for the executive
-Looking at a few additional runways that are 4800-5500 ft.

If anyone could provide an aircraft or two that might fit the specifications above, I would highly appreciate your knowledge.

Geosync
20th Apr 2015, 22:32
Look at Gulfstream and the larger Falcons. G-450 and Falcon 7x should fit your mission profile. Not exactly sure about the 7x landing distance, but I worked at Hayward Airport once upon a time and the older Falcons had no trouble getting in. By the way, basing the aircraft there(HWD) is probably your best bet.

How often will there be the Hawaii/east coast trips? If it's once or twice a year vs. multiple trips to socal and wine country then a smaller aircraft would be more feasible...but i guess you need the payload. You should consider attending an NBAA regional forum or even the main event. I would see people just like you who are looking to purchase a plane for the boss and were doing the research. That way you can talk to the reps in person and get it straight from the horses mouth. If the boss is serious about this, he/she should be willing to pay for your trip there, which will be in Las Vegas this year.

NBAA2015 - 2015 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition | Nov. 17-19, 2015 - Las Vegas, NV (http://www.nbaa.org/events/bace/2015/)

Propellerpilot
20th Apr 2015, 22:57
Global 5000.:ok:

galaxy flyer
20th Apr 2015, 23:03
You might have problems with a Gulfstream or Global at KSMO, there are local restrictions on large jets. Not sure, but worth checking out. I suspect a G450 would be challenged going non-stop to PHOG off that runway.

GF

galaxy flyer
20th Apr 2015, 23:04
Well, a G5000 is obstacle weight-limited there to about 80,000# off either 3 or 21, using APG data.

Ran a Flt plan--you're good to go in a Global. About 22,000# of req'd fuel, 77,000# TOGW

GF

Above The Clouds
21st Apr 2015, 03:46
Falcon 900 Lx would meet your requirements and give you 3 engine safety to Hawaii :ok:

gbruton
21st Apr 2015, 16:45
I have to say I do enjoy these topics when they get posted... always brings a lot of brainstorming and discussion out.
But the request always crack me up as the flight profile requested is so straight forward and then boom just some demand/request that kills the best aircraft for the job technically.
Always, seems to be (boss/owner) wants a jet that can get him/her from Y to Z (typically 300/500 miles legs) for meetings with multiply trips occurring each month.
Community response - The logically correct solutions - Kingair/light jet/light Mid.... and all the support responses why those aircraft fit the bill.

Thread starter comes back with Ooo and he wants to go to Europe in Winter non stop with 12 people ONCE a year from California. So the jet needs to do that flight to....... And it needs to be able to do it from 5000ft runway.
And it has to be his jet wont charter.:ugh:

Booglebox
21st Apr 2015, 17:07
Operations Service Group (OSG) | NBAA - National Business Aviation Association (http://www.nbaa.org/about/contact/osg/)
Might be helpful to OP.

x933
21st Apr 2015, 19:22
I replied seperately but this mission screams Falcon. F50ex if you can sacrifice PAX and a good one is less than $6m. F900ex or F2TH would also work but for the runs to PHOG 3 engines and the legs to make it back to the mainland make more sense.

I too enjoy these threads but without a budget they're pretty hopeless.

I

ksjc
22nd Apr 2015, 14:36
Last time I checked the Global and G500 series are banned from KSMO. It's a wingspan/clearance issue. Globals use KLAX. Additionally, KSMO's future looks bleak (again).

EMB170
24th Apr 2015, 12:39
wobsf,
maybe this website will help you : https://www.conklindd.com

Conklin and Dedecker will give you most answers and is for sure a good starting point.

i do not work for this people but have used it on a few occasions.

Good luck in this jungle

EMB 170