PDA

View Full Version : AAC Pilot FRI

wahwah64
16th Apr 2015, 22:57
Hearing rumours that this may have now been turned down now.
With our current manning and forecast outflow far exceeding inflow, the future looks bleak.
Surprised at lack of forum activity regarding this subject.....

devonianflyer
20th Apr 2015, 17:40
Hearing rumours that this may have now been turned down now.
With our current manning and forecast outflow far exceeding inflow, the future looks bleak.
Surprised at lack of forum activity regarding this subject.....

Latest rumour I heard is the dark and light blue complained as they can't afford/don't want one so it's been sidelined for a while. Also a rumour about that if it does come back it may only be for QFI/QHI types now so all 3 colours can afford it.

Just a rumour though, I'm well down the grapevine...

Rotate too late
20th Apr 2015, 18:59
AFPRB would seem to back this up, no movement there, I remember the "fireside chat" before Christmas at the Sham, which was almost comical with the announcement being.....there was no announcement! You couldn't have written it, people were genuinely spending the money!!!! As has been said before, FRI's don't work, and the Herrick drawdown saved a lot of red faces/careers. Short answer, carry on normal jogging, if you don't like it, do something about it.:hmm:

wahwah64
20th Apr 2015, 20:33
I have seen figures (££) and eligibility......neither would seem to fit what the majority would seem is a viable amount to retain......but then again....with the election around the corner and rumours of cuts to flying pay...:sad:

SimonK
21st Apr 2015, 11:40
Prob doesn't help the case for an FRI that the civilian job market is very sluggish at the moment. With the total squeeze on offshore recruiting (and real potential for job losses) it can only restrict the flow out the door and further reduce your chance of getting one. Should the major operators start firing pilots too you can expect the job market to get even tougher as type rated and experienced civilian pilots start competing aswell....interesting times ahead for us all.

Good luck either way.