PDA

View Full Version : British European

Ryanair Wannabee
9th Jun 2002, 19:31
I would love to work for British European, if I don't work for Ryanair , and was wondering ...
1. How many flights do BE cabin crew do a day?
2. How many days off / days working do BE cabin crew have a month?
3. Are cabin crew at BE unionised?
4. Do BE crews turn around the aircraft themselves as easy crews do?
5. Any other things you can 'elp me with?

Thanx
RyanairWanabee

Xenia
10th Jun 2002, 10:40
I used to work for BE quite a while ago as CA1. Generally speaking you do in average 4 sectors a day, sometimes 6. But all sectors are very short. Days off.... I don't remember.
Crew are really friendly, had a wonderful time and lots of laughs.
When I was there no unions involved. Now I don't know.
What do you mean with "turn around the aircraft themselves"? At BE you have cleaners and catering coming on board on turn arounds. We just used to do security search and obviously seat pockets. Hope this help.
Good luck :cool:

CandyBender
10th Jun 2002, 12:30
I too was at BE (in JEA days when they first got 146s).....very friendly company & great crews....esp LGW, BHD & JER bases; then I am biased....I was LGW & flew mostsly with BHD/JER crew ;-)) no offence to the other bases!! One of the Line Trainers in BHD at the time was trying to organise a union (T&G), but didnt have much luck outside of the BHD & LGW bases.....the idea was soon hit on the head with the arrival of a new Cabin Crew Manager from Britannia & the closure of LGW as a cabin crew base. In terms of sectors per day the worst was a 6 sector Channel Islands out of LGW on summer weekends & in the winter a ski charter which went LGW-chambery-BHX-chambery-LGW, so not too bad. Money wise it was comparable to any small scheduled airline.....as a Purser I would take home £1000-1100 in the winter & £1200-1300 in the summer. However I must stress that this was 8-9 yrs ago, so I don't know how much this has changed.....many of the oldies are still there esp in BHD, so it cant be too bad if people stay that long. Good luck!