PDA

View Full Version : Expired SEP rating PPL

Rdargue
15th Apr 2015, 18:26
Bad planning has meant that my SEP rating expired today after 24months.15/4/15. Does anyone know whether I just need to do a proficiency test or is it back to square 1 with full skills test.?

I have full class 2 medical and last flight was 2weeks ago.

Hopefully someone has an answer!

Mach Jump
16th Apr 2015, 07:18
You will then have to undertake a proficiency check.

A skill test is only required for the initial issue of a licence or a rating.

Be aware though, that there is very little practical difference between the two.

MJ:ok:

S-Works
16th Apr 2015, 07:34
Don't panic....

You just need to do a proficiency check of which there is a huge difference between that and an initial LST.

As your rating has just expired it can be a zero training requirement as long as you are in current flying practice as you claim.

It's nothing major to renew. Drop me a PM and we can see what we can work out.

You would be surprised at the number of people who do exactly the same thing and I have to do a proficiency check on. As Head of Training I can also sort the course completion certificate out.

MJ - I suggest you go and look at the PPL Skill Test Forn and the SRG1157 proficiency check form to see the differences before scaremongering....

Mach Jump
16th Apr 2015, 07:40
You just need to do a proficiency check of which there is a huge difference between that and an initial LST.

Hi Bose.

Could you tell us what the 'huge difference' is?

S-Works
16th Apr 2015, 07:56
MJ, a licence skill test for a PPL takes roughly two hours to conduct. It requires a navigation sector with diversion. Radio Nav position fixing and general handling. A proficiency check takes less than an hour to conduct.

Like I said look at the difference between the two forms for the difference in content.

SRG2128 for PPL
SRG1157 for proficiency check

I have been conducting initial skill tests and proficiency tests for rather a long time and am fully aware of the differences in the two.

Any examiner turning a proficiency check into the equivalent of an LST is in contravention of the requirements and is opening themselves up to a reg 6 appeal.
:ok:

ifitaintboeing
16th Apr 2015, 08:39
bose-x is correct in that the Class Rating Proficiency Check should take around an hour for renewal or revalidation of a Class Rating. Likewise, the Class Rating Skill Test should also take an hour or so, where a licence holder is adding a Class Rating to an existing licence.

For issue, renewal or revalidation of a Class Rating, see Standards Document 14(A), SRG 1157, and FEH Table 4A/4B. These are derived from Appendix 9 to Part-FCL.

A Licence Skill Test is for initial issue of a licence and takes over two hours with content broadly as described by bose-x above.

For issue of an initial licence, see Standards Document 19(A) and SRG 2127 (LAPL) or SRG 2128 (PPL), and FEH Table A1. These are derived from AMC FCL.125 and FCL.235.

ifitaint...

Mach Jump
16th Apr 2015, 08:42
Ah, I see.

None of the En-route section is now included in the Mandatory items for a PC, or a Class Rating ST.

Nor, rather strangely, is the takeoff.:hmm:

squidie
17th Apr 2015, 22:08
Mine went last year, I had to do a LPC which was like a mini skills test, then I had to send my paper work down to Gatwick.

thing
17th Apr 2015, 22:52
Mine went last year, I had to do a LPC which was like a mini skills test, then I had to send my paper work down to Gatwick. Not be long before you get it back then...

squidie
19th Apr 2015, 20:47
Arrived in the post last week ;)