PDA

View Full Version : Problems with PPRuNe and iOS 8.3

India Four Two
14th Apr 2015, 22:13
I am having problems creating posts on the non-mobile PPRuNe site using iOS 8.3 on my iPad.

If I click on one of the icons at the top of the Post New Thread window, Safari crashes. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

ExSp33db1rd
15th Apr 2015, 23:35
No, but I have problems replying to posts sometimes, 'specially trying to copy and paste then highlight and use the Quote button. I know what to do but the iPad won't always humour me, no problem with a laptop, even using Windows H'eight.

For a long time now I've said - I blame Bill Gates - for all my computer irritations, guess I'll have to say Steve Jobs now !

Life was simpler before computers, we didn't have to worry about these things, just went off to the Pub !

ExXB
16th Apr 2015, 08:38
Have iOS 8.3 on my iPad mini. No issues, other than buttons on PPRuNE site are too small for my fat fingers. That is nothing new, and probably will never change ...

Whenever I have any issues I do a precautionary shut down and restart. Almost always solves the problem.

Lima Juliet
12th May 2015, 21:23
Since the change to the 'Mobile Skin' it crashes Safari whenever I want to post a picture - rubbish!!!

India Four Two
12th May 2015, 21:52
Leon,

The same problem I am having.

Keef
12th May 2015, 22:52
I just tried to post a pic from my iPad running iOS 8.3 and Chrome. It didn't crash, but it did give me an error message that this forum doesn't exist.

It was also very slow responding to keypresses.

Try again...

Keef
12th May 2015, 22:53
Trying again with the ipad. Still very slow with key presses. Off to find a picture.

http://jillings.org/aviation/Concorde20130602-1.JPG

Keef
12th May 2015, 22:59
Interesting: Safari is a lot faster than Chrome with iOS 8.3. Before I updated it was the opposite way round.

ORAC
13th May 2015, 15:08
If I click on one of the icons at the top of the Post New Thread window, Safari crashes. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Same symptoms, also crashes on my iPhone.

IBobi
13th May 2015, 23:49
We'll work on the posting issue. Meanwhile, if you want to post an image you may try posting it to a free hosting service like Photobucket; they provide the BB code link you can just copy and paste into a PP post.