PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plans

onthekeys
13th Apr 2015, 22:23
A few weeks ago I took a flight from LHR to JFK, as we were boarding a friend of mine (non-pilot) sent me out flight plan, it had everything on it, routing, flight time, fuel on board. As a non-pilot, where would he get access to this information?

If anyone has any idea or know of the website it would be great help.

Thanks all

dc9-32
14th Apr 2015, 05:50
My guess Flight SIM and not a genuine airline plan. If an airline plan and he does not work for the airline, I'd suspect a serious breach of company security.

ifonly
14th Apr 2015, 06:09
Probably one of the sites that publish the actual routing like Flightaware - put in the flight number and it gives you the routing.

wiggy
14th Apr 2015, 07:13
I suspect it's what dc9-32 wrote....

I wonder what the Op actually got sent? The route portion of an ATC flight plan in part looks like this (it's for the first 3000+ nautical miles of a sector out of somewhere in the States to somewhere in Europe ):

K***0300
-N0483F330 DCT NOTWO J43 VXV DCT HNN DCT EWC DCT JHW DCT ROC DCT MSS/N0477F370 DCT BAREE N333A NEEKO/M084F390 DCT 54N050W 55N040W 55N030W 55N020W DCT RESNO...........

AFAIK they're not handled like state secrets but whether they're available to the general public via t'internet prior to departure I do not know.

it had everything on it, routing, flight time, fuel on board.

There's no mention on our ATC flight plan of fuel on board, (though I guess some operators might note the departure fuel in remarks) so either the OP has seen the real company fuel/progress plan, which usually is kept under wraps for commercial reasons, in which case it would be a := for someone if they get found out, or OTOH the OP has been sent somebody's best guess.

In any event often for good reasons the Flight Plan rarely survives first contact with ATC and very very rarely survives it's first encounter with the North Atlantic Organised Track System ...:bored:

chevvron
14th Apr 2015, 09:25
If it had details like fuel uplift, it sounds more like a plog than just a flight plan. Did the friend maybe work in the ops section?