PDA

View Full Version : Question for Thai company Pilots ...

Kabuto Kai
9th Apr 2015, 12:32
Hey all - this question goes out to Thai Airways or frankly any pilot working under Thai DCA rules -- whats the max amount of days per month you're scheduled to fly or be on reserve? Whats the worst per month schedule you know of? Whats the best?

Been researching Thai DCA rules for transportation companies (Airlines, cargo, charter) regarding minimum required days off per month and so far I've come up with essentially four days in twenty-eight based on a DCA rule about six consecutive duty days (flying or standby) requiring the 7th day off. I've heard rumor of a rule in the Thai Labor Laws under transportation/Air Crews that says ten days per month but cannot find it. So - I thought I'd take something of a straw poll from those who know ...

piratepete
10th Apr 2015, 14:11
I asked the very same question myself some time ago.The answer is that you do not require a single day off ever! The only rule is that you must adhere to the various period limits 7 days 28 days etc in terms of flying hours, however if you can show me where it says you must have a DAY OFF THE BEER IS ON ME, AT SOI 22, Beer Garden (there is no garden im aware of......) PETE THE PIRATE

BOBAKAT
11th Apr 2015, 01:32
Ahhhhhhhhhhh The Bier Garden...Nice place.....;)

kwaiyai
12th Apr 2015, 15:15
Indeed I still remember the No Bra bar in that place. Although it was or maybe still is one of the more
conservative joint's (no Hassles just Cold Bacardi Breezer's) A Name like that you don't forget easily.

Kabuto Kai
14th Apr 2015, 13:25
Well drinks aside (and frankly I'm kind of a Bangkok Betty fan- they have a waitress there that looks like THE bangkok betty nose art which is pretty awesome) - can any pilots based in Thailand simply tell me what their monthly schedules are in days on/off? 20 days on per month ..... 25 days on per month .....18 .....28 .....?? Whatever it is, thats really all I'm trying to find out :)

chai ja
16th Apr 2015, 13:19
I was in a company where we got a minimum of 08 days per month, however it usually was around 14-17 per month off on average, 10 days off on the roster,the rest of the days off due to no go items...:ugh:

Kabuto Kai
18th Apr 2015, 16:35
10 days off on the roster - thats what I'm wanting to know. Heard rumor of a Thai Labor Law (under transportation/air crews) that 10 days per month off is required. Interestingly that requirement is in the Labor Law, not the DCA regs -- now I'm just trying to find it :)