PDA

View Full Version : BA staff travel website

finncapt
9th Apr 2015, 08:04
Is anyone else having problems accessing the site with Firefox?

It goes to an "access denied" page after it has logged me in.

This has only recently started happening.

No problems with IE and Safari so not a major problem.

mixture
9th Apr 2015, 08:08
finncapt,

At a guess, especially if its working in IE & Safari, that its something to do with either your Firefox cookie settings or you are running one of those blocking Firefox plugins that does stuff like disabling Javascript.

What are your Firefox Privacy settings in relation to cookies ?

finncapt
9th Apr 2015, 08:50
Re cookies.

This computer (running Win7) is set to "accept cookies", 3rd party cookies from "sites visited".

I usually run it with "never accept" 3rd party cookies but changed it to see if it made any difference.

The only plug ins are

OpenH264 Video Codec from Cisco

QVR Host

Silverlight

The last two are not active.

I've tried the site with Firefox on 3 different computers and running under Windows7 and Mint 17.1.

I'm inclined to agree with you regarding cookies or Java but I don't think I've changed anything, other than to try to solve the problem, recently.

Is there a way of checking whether Java is installed/running under Firefox as traditionally, in mint, there was an "icedtea plugin" which doesn't seem to be there now.

That wouldn't affect Firefox under win7 though.

I've got an older machine, which if I can get it running has an older version of Firefox on it - I'll see if that works but may take a while.

finncapt
9th Apr 2015, 09:04
Interesting, the old machine with Firefox 35.0.1 works perfectly and it has just update to 37.0.1 and that works.

I'll now try to set this one up the same to see if I can find the problem.

finncapt
9th Apr 2015, 09:18
I have now updated Firefox on this and the other machines to 37.0.1 and all now work with the BA site.

They were on Firefox 36.0.1 and I can only surmise that the problem is with that version of Firefox.

Thanks mixture for pointing me toward a solution.

Saint-Ex
22nd Jul 2015, 16:15
Beware, the website no longer lets you know your password has expired. You find out when the boxes go blank after login pressed Had to `phone for a temp. password in order to access the password change box.