PDA

View Full Version : Moving on from the King Air

Ryan2811
8th Apr 2015, 21:04
Ok,
So I have been flying the King Air B200 and B250 as FO for approaching two years. I've recently passed 1000 hours on type with about 1150TT so I'm starting to think about my onwards career move.
Three people from my company have had recent success at Flybe, with that in mind and my flight schools relationship with the company I'm fairly sure I'd get an interview there if i applied. However corporate/business aviation is where I'd like to have my career. I love the the unpredictably and thrive off providing such high levels of customer service.
I'm not in a position to pay for another rating and I'm aware that some operators seem to hold King Air time in low regard.
I'd be really interested to hear from former King Air guys as to how they made the jump to a corporate jet.

Thanks in advance for your responses

Dash8driver1312
9th Apr 2015, 05:58
Have you looked at Titan? Airliners operated corporately...

Just an idea!

dboy
9th Apr 2015, 06:44
What about Gama?

drag king
9th Apr 2015, 08:55
What about Gama?

The title is a bit of a giveaway, me thinks...

If he/she gets into Gama, it's a one-way ticket to the N of the Wall, guarantee. Another KA, more RHS and not a chance for command-assessment till 2000TT or 1700/3years with the company (client requirements). He/she will be stuffed, so to speak. And forget all the promises they will make at the interview-stage of being able to bid for a jet-vacancy after 2 years...

All the best

DK :cool:

Ryan2811
9th Apr 2015, 12:35
Thanks for your replies. I have been in touch with Gama, unfortunately at this moment in time they could only offer me a position on the air ambulance. Obviously the SAS contract is only a small part of the Gama operation so I'm keeping them updated, I would be interested in flying one of the Wheels Up 350's which rumor has it will be starting European operations toward the end of this year, crewed by Gama.

I have it on good authority that titan are fully crewed and have a number of pilots employed in non-flying roles waiting to fill flight deck seats.