PDA

View Full Version : Revalidation of SEP and TMG Ratings by FI/CRI

Pete O'Tewbe
8th Apr 2015, 17:24
This (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/InformationNotice2015027.pdf) may be of interest.

Whopity
8th Apr 2015, 18:39
Usual rushed job full of errors!

BEagle
8th Apr 2015, 21:03
From Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/445 of 17 March 2015, amending Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 as regards technical requirements and administrative procedures related to civil aviation aircrew:

FCL.945 Obligations for instructors

Upon completion of the training flight for the revalidation of an SEP or TMG class rating in accordance with FCL.740.A (b)(1) and only in the event of fulfilment of all the other revalidation criteria required by FCL.740.A (b)(1) the instructor shall endorse the applicant's licence with the new expiry date of the rating or certificate, if specifically authorised for that purpose by the competent authority responsible for the applicant's licence.

:hmm:

TheOddOne
9th Apr 2015, 05:09
... at a cost of £53 to extend my Instructor privileges.

Traditionally, our examiner hasn't charged for signing revalidations, printing out the relevant form and sending it off. I guess that if this is a one-off charge then I could swallow it within what I charge for the revalidation flight.

However, examiners are under an increasing financial burden when they revalidate. Is it about time we all started charging for services like this?

TOO

Whopity
9th Apr 2015, 07:22
They charged to be a Revalidation Examiner so I see no difference.

Genghis the Engineer
9th Apr 2015, 07:29
Just in passing - the UK Microlight world has been more relaxed than this since Pontious was a pilot. Anybody within a microlight club who is a BMAA member can apply to the BMAA, take a short exam on the revalidation practices, and be approved as an "R examiner" with no privileges other than the ability to confirm licence validity.

At my microlight club, the R examiner hasn't even got a current licence and medical, but it's not a problem as he's careful and sufficiently knowledgeable.

G

Whopity
9th Apr 2015, 10:53
It was not confined to the Microlight World, it applied to Group A, the SEP/TMG under JAR, but EASA thought different. More unnecessary European Bureaucracy!