PDA

View Full Version : Interview question???

Autofly
21st Jul 2001, 22:29
..... so there you are in the interview for some sponsorship and the interviewer asks you "so tell me Mr. Smith, why do you want to be a pilot?"

I know why I want to be a pilot - its been an ambition of mine since I was young and the thought of flying aircraft for a living sends a tingling sensation up my spine. The thing is if were an interviewer I wouldn't think that i'd answered the question although these are the reasons for my application.

Am I just being paranoid or not and how do others respond to this question

Seth Gecko
22nd Jul 2001, 04:58
I was asked that question once and I answered it in the same vein as Autofly has done. The people giving the interview smiled and then wrote something down. They then asked me to re-phrase what I had just said and deliver it in a commercial sense.

Needless to say I did not get the job. It's a question worth thinking about.

Autofly
23rd Jul 2001, 01:51
Thanks for the advice chaps and your both right. SB, I had an interview and they asked me the question of what I thought the lifestyle of a pilot was etc. etc. I'm pretty prepared for that one (and got the book too - good book if a little dated). As far as the commercail stance goes, I'm not too sure how i'd put that into words. I assume that the lifestyle question would tie in nicely there.

Thanks anyway.

AF