PDA

View Full Version : Base Training !

appfo09
4th Apr 2015, 13:24
Hi to all !

How much time do you normally have for Base Training after finishing the Type Rating Course in the simulator?

Thank you !

nick14
4th Apr 2015, 19:32
Depends how many landings you need and the type. Example would be around 1:00 in a 737

appfo09
4th Apr 2015, 23:35
Sorry guys. Maybe i was not so clear of what i actually meant.

What I wanted to say is let's say you start a type rating course and you finish the skill test in the simulator. After this you have to do the Base Training as it is a requirement from the authorities. From the time you finish the Skill test how long can you wait until you do the Base Training? Is there a time limit?

Thank you !

flyboy1818
5th Apr 2015, 08:25
Friday: Skills test in the sim
Sunday:Base training
Monday: Type rating issued at the CAA

This was the chain of events for me! It really can be that quick!

Sygyzy
5th Apr 2015, 12:11
I think that the answer you're looking for is 7 days. I'm no longer current with the regs but it's something like that. If you haven't completed the base training within that time you have to go back in the sim and do the 'base detail' again'. (That's the circuits and touch and go's that you previously did as the last - or penultimate - sim detail)

Hopefully after all the hogwash someone will come on and correct me with the correct answer.

appfo09
6th Apr 2015, 09:44
Hi to all !

Thank you for all your inputs !

nick14
7th Apr 2015, 17:22
Limit for our non ZFTT course is also 21 days

VJW
7th Apr 2015, 17:35
Hi

It use to work like this. The LST test for rating issue was valid for 6 months. So you had to do the base training and submit the paperwork before this 6 months was up. You then had a rating issued from the date of the LST.

With EASA this might have changed, so call and get the official answer.