PDA

View Full Version : Newbie post!

CameronW
9th Jun 2002, 00:23
Hey guys, just dropping in to say hello.

I'm a bomber guy (B-52's) just back from deployment. :)

Jackonicko
9th Jun 2002, 00:30
Welcome!

Hope you don't find it too anglo-centric - sometimes Military Aircrew gets rather full of arcane discussions about the Army Air Corps, Sea Harriers etc., which I (as a Brit tax-payer) find fascinating. I'm sure you'll have an interesting perspective as a Barksdale Buff man, however.

Did you get chance, on deployment, to use AGM-142, or was it all dumb stuff?

The reason I ask is that some over here are looking to our maritime Nimrods becoming more versatile assets, perhaps using the new Storm Shadow ASM, which would give them a B-52 kind of role, in that respect.

Jacko (one of the resident Pruning journos)

CameronW
9th Jun 2002, 00:34
LOL, I did notice that there are quite a few Brits around here. The installation I was at is Brit controlled (as you probably knew).

We can use AGM-142's, but we didn't shoot many of them this time around.

Mostly we stuck to JDAM and unguided GPs.

rivetjoint
9th Jun 2002, 16:40
Ever been the UK with your Buffs?
If so I might be able to get hold of some pics of your visit for you.

Jackonicko
9th Jun 2002, 19:20
Hope the Big DG was fun, we all know it's British owned, sure - but Brit controlled..... well......?

Forgot JDAM...

Read a great quote about the B-52 along the lines "When they fly the last B-1 into the Bone-dome they'll use a B-52 as the crew ferry home!"

Sloppy Link
9th Jun 2002, 20:06
There is a similar quote in the rotary world that says when the last Blackhawk is taken to the breakers, a Huey crew will pick them up!!

CameronW
9th Jun 2002, 20:18
Ever been the UK with your Buffs?
If so I might be able to get hold of some pics of your visit for you. I haven't been yet, but its only a matter of time. Any of you close to RAF Fairford? :cool:

rivetjoint
10th Jun 2002, 07:53
I should have sent you an email Mr W through your profile page. Hope you get it.

EESDL
10th Jun 2002, 09:56
Cameron W
Request from us all at the secret RAF base in Wiltshire............When you've finished making caves over in the 'stans, please come and bomb the place as our Admin staff (Blunties) need waking up!
We could do with a new fast-food joint whilst you're at it:-)
Ta
EESDL