PDA

View Full Version : Messy mailings from pilot recruitment agency!

Anti Skid On
8th Jun 2002, 22:12
Received this little treasure this morning (sorce withheld)

Spirit Airlines is based in Florida, USA and offers passengers a mix of leisure and business destinations. With an all jet fleet consisting of twenty seven McDonnell Douglas MD-80's and three DC-9's they boast high reliability, low maintenance and great fuel efficiency which helps to keep airfares affordable.

I wonder if Spirit Airlines really advocate that they have a 'low maintenance' of their fleet (I presume they mean well maintained with low down time) and great fuel efficiency equates to their relatively new fleet, rather than 'we just put enough in'

DownIn3Green
9th Jun 2002, 01:59
Yo "Anti" (Skid and everything else)

Spirit has always treated me well whether I was paying and taking my family, or Just "jumping" to/from home. (you most probably wouldn't be familiar with the "jump" concept, but keep the stiff upper lip, old chap)

The fact that you ended up with their advert was obvivously a mistake, as Spirit is a great airline, providing all "Y" service in a timely manner, taking ordinary folks where they want to go.

As far as maintenance, who knows? They've not had any fatal crashes, so.......what's your point?

pilotbear
9th Jun 2002, 08:42
I think you will find that the point is a little known commodity in the USA called ironic humour:rolleyes:

Anti Skid On
10th Jun 2002, 05:58
Exactly - that the recruitment agency employed to recruit staff shouldn't give out garbled messages that make Spirit sound like an outfit who don't care about safety. If I was Messr's Spirit I'd be having a look at what was sent out and asking for money back. What's with the stiff upper lip comment di3g? You make an assumption that because I have lived near EGNM (and EGCC for that matter) and now NZRO, that I am some sort of English stereotype - couldn't be further from the truth!

TowerDog
11th Jun 2002, 04:11
They are talking about the MD-80s and DC-9s being low maintenance, not the company's maintenance policy.....:rolleyes: