PDA

View Full Version : Any reports on DXB new "Follow-the-greens" experiences?

flyandbike
3rd Apr 2015, 07:06
Gathering information on "Follow-the-greens" introduction
Would like to have some pilot reports from DXB practise/experience.
Any comment welcome, also PM
Thanks!

halas
3rd Apr 2015, 09:54
Same as Heathrow and Singapore except they turn on and off a few hundred meters before and behind you.

halas

Spoogie
3rd Apr 2015, 14:31
As said before, same same!! Used it in DWC to the gate - worked quite nice.

Spoogz

GA Button
3rd Apr 2015, 21:14
Does exactly what it says on the tin - no complaints here, just surprised it wasn't implemented earlier - was doing it at LHR in 2000!
From the lack of reponse I think most feel the same....

Tower Ranger
4th Apr 2015, 08:33
It hasn't been introduced yet at DXB, still in the trial stages.

CaptainChipotle
4th Apr 2015, 10:20
I started following the green$ when I got hired at EK... ...still waiting to find them.

flyandbike
4th Apr 2015, 12:41
spoogie, are you mixing up DXB and DWC (OMDW) ?
didn't know they introduce FTG to DWC?

@tower ranger:
why still trials, thought system was working now from what I got as info from aircrew?

single chime
4th Apr 2015, 12:53
On the subject of lights, can't you turn off some of the green lights on the runway? IE if you want me off at K8, leave that one on and turn off K11,10,9,6 and the Ms.

Kapitanleutnant
4th Apr 2015, 15:18
Single…

You are on to something there! I agree wholeheartedly. Great idea!

Kap

aileron droop
4th Apr 2015, 15:51
too much intersections in that airport and i mean much!!

Spoogie
4th Apr 2015, 16:04
I was tired after that freighter trip, but not tired enough to NOT know where I landed. RWY 12 OMDW controller said "follow the greens to S290" and yes it worked.:ok: (unless the guy in the tower was flipping switches to make it look that way)

Tower Ranger
4th Apr 2015, 16:31
FnB, it's still a bit of a work in progress but it's on the way.

The lead off lights will be selectable as part of follow the greens but one small problem with only having one set of lead offs on at night is when some of the not so familiar customers miss the assigned exit. They usually come to a grinding halt on the Rwy looking for the next exit and that usually results in a go-around.

CamelRustler
4th Apr 2015, 18:50
The lead off lights will be selectable as part of follow the greens but one small problem with only having one set of lead offs on at night is when some of the not so familiar customers miss the assigned exit. They usually come to a grinding halt on the Rwy looking for the next exit and that usually results in a go-around.

How about if you want us off at K8 you light up K8 on down and say to the unfamiliar "Exit first lighted high speed K8." I will admit at night with K9 now in the mix it gets a bit tricky at times especially since we know someone is always very close behind us and we have to get off. Nice job by the way. You guys are great.

rick.shaw
6th Apr 2015, 20:21
Agree with CamelRustler. Seems a reasonable idea, if technically possible.

Also agree on the quality of controlling - well done!

checcker10
7th Apr 2015, 03:25
This is a 'Professional' pilots forum right??
Please guys, the controllers have a hard enough job as it is,without having to baby sit pilots.
Look at the chart in your briefing and COUNT the high speed exits....
K9 is first then K8 then K6. 1,2,3. It's not rocket science and you did all pass your eye tests in your medicals.
:ugh::ugh:

Eau de Boeing
7th Apr 2015, 04:10
BTV..................? :ok:

rdr
7th Apr 2015, 06:23
Looks like its still on trials. Greens were on a few hours ago leading to an inappropriate departure point. Though, we were never cleared on the greens in the first place.