PDA

View Full Version : CASA Outsourcing?

Mach E Avelli
3rd Apr 2015, 06:37
On seek.com.au it seems that CASA want to engage short term and part time FOIs. Maybe the new Director wants to light a fire under the incumbents, which is a great idea.
BUT.....we need to hope that a standardisation/induction training program will precede these appointments to get them all on the same page, otherwise it will be another layer of confusion to deal with. The regiment versus the mercenaries, squabbling over the plunder.
Who gets the raping and pillaging?

Frank Arouet
3rd Apr 2015, 06:48
Please Sir, can I have "plundering"? I can start tomorrow.

zanzibar
4th Apr 2015, 02:32
Go for it, Gordo.

Oakape
4th Apr 2015, 05:21
a standardisation/induction training program

We are talking about CASA, right? Now that's funny!

aroa
4th Apr 2015, 08:31
CAsA has been "outsourcing" for decades. Themselves !!!:mad:

Having left CAsA, one re-incarnates oneself and comes back as a "consultant" to do half the same work at twice the price. :mad:

Here's an example of CAsA racketeering/aka plundering the public purse, 'dicking' the customer around and wasting time.

Appointment with a "consultant" to present a CAsA approved page from a southern region...just one page, for an identical operation.. for inclusion in the Ops Manual.
Told that it would take some hours to go over/ 'contemplate' ??? and a decision would be made, presumably about the acceptance or rejection of, in a couple of weeks or so.
It was pointed out in no uncertain terms that NO approval was needed, as it was already a CAsA approved page, so stick it in yr copy of the Ops Manual or wherever because we're out of here and into it in 2 days.

Prior to this episode we had been told to just write one.
What do you want to see in it ?
You just write it, we'll look at it and decide.
You can guess the obvious result... a knockback.!! :mad:
More time wasted.:mad:
Thus the above approach.

You can blame CAsA HR Division or whatever wanko words they call themselves, who employ these people...
they just dont ask prospective employees whether during childhood they pulled wings off butterflies and set fire to cats for amusement.

Now in their lucrative sinecure / position of power, they can continue their childhood fantasies...at great expense to the taxpayer...and the Industry.

mustafagander
4th Apr 2015, 08:46
I am reliably informed that there is a bit of a shakeout going on in the middle management (if you can use the "M" word with CASA) with many required to re-apply for their current jobs and that there will be less of them. Sort of musical chairs I suppose.

I doubt it will make much difference but perhaps the CASA Titanic will be a little less top heavy.

thorn bird
4th Apr 2015, 09:04
Musta,

mate this is just part of the required CAsA recycling project as required by the environmental people.
To ensure that the aviation "environment" is protected they must recycle.

So middle management is recycled. It also spreads the largesse.

Permanent employee...take a cut....consultant... nose back in the trough... permanent employee...take a cut.....etc..etc..revolving door, but all the while collecting their super and other benefits.

Sad aint it!! and all the while the industry spirals into oblivion.

Sunfish
5th Apr 2015, 22:10
Hmmmm, so "Middle Management" get it in the neck? I expect "top management" is sacrosanct.

"Top Management" are the real culprits, however they will have convinced Skidmore, that the problems are minor and the result of "Middle management culture" not being conducive to developing a "service delivery environment" or some such jargon, perhaps buttressed by an expensive consultants report.

The net result is usually the removal of competent middle managers and their replacement with sycophants.

There can be no meaningful change at CASA without a change to the Act that prohibits CASA from achieving its objectives by "preventing aviation".

Just on a side note, does anyone know if CASA shut down any operator by Four PM fax last Thursday?