PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum from Ireland :)

Seanmul89
2nd Apr 2015, 10:07
Hi guys,
New to the forum, I'm from Ireland, 26, started PPL training a few weeks ago out of Weston Airport Kildare. Logged 6 hours so far, havent had much time from work to much more and of course weather conditions wasn't great. This forum seems very helpful towards your passion and interest of flying, tips and recommendations will be highly appreciative. Thanks and happy flying :)

Pilot DAR
2nd Apr 2015, 12:27
Welcome Sean,

You will find this forum an awesome collection of wisdom, and frequented with passionate characters of aviation. Take some time to use the search function to inquire about topics which interest you, where's a wealth of information stashed back there.

Thanks for poking your head above the horizon, and saying Hi, many people, whom I'm sure each have their own value to add, seem shy to post. Ask your questions, make friends, and remember, wisdom is lent, not owned. As time passes, and you become an old hand at flying, you're obligated to offer wisdom back to the newbies to come! ;)

Seanmul89
2nd Apr 2015, 14:02
Welcome Sean,

You will find this forum an awesome collection of wisdom, and frequented with passionate characters of aviation. Take some time to use the search function to inquire about topics which interest you, where's a wealth of information stashed back there.

Thanks for poking your head above the horizon, and saying Hi, many people, whom I'm sure each have their own value to add, seem shy to post. Ask your questions, make friends, and remember, wisdom is lent, not owned. As time passes, and you become an old hand at flying, you're obligated to offer wisdom back to the newbies to come! ;)

Thanks for the reply :) I look forward to using this more often. From my experience so far it's brilliant, a lot of relevant information.

thing
2nd Apr 2015, 15:09
Hi Sean, welcome aboard!

piperboy84
3rd Apr 2015, 03:22
Howdy Sean, welcome, there is a good bit learning to be had on here.

irish seaplane
3rd Apr 2015, 15:48
Enjoy your flying in Weston. Get the licence finished up and try get a leg of an aeroplane to explore Ireland. Alot to be said for a Rallye there at small money tipping around seeing a bit of the countryside. Old school.

Seanmul89
3rd Apr 2015, 18:39
Thanks guys, really appreciated, can't wait to complete the PPL hopefully with in this year :)

crispey
5th Apr 2015, 13:31
Best of luck Sean.

P1FEL and I flew there from Manchester in a PA 28 via Isle of Man and Dublin many years ago.I have a feeling there was no one there when we landed so can you check if we paid a landing fee?Do the records go back to 1976?

Nigel Moll was behind us in another of MSF's Cherokees.Maybe he paid!

Have fun with it all.And as the others said it will be a wonderful oppportunity to discover that beautiful land of yours from a different perspective.