PDA

View Full Version : St-Barth approach

tintintin
2nd Apr 2015, 08:16
If you ever want to visit the airport of St.Barth (SBH-TFFJ). This nice video is showing the experience of this spectacular approach.:ooh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lxooy9YaPI

Hotel Tango
2nd Apr 2015, 10:22
Did it last month. Piece of cake, but it wasn't too windy that day. Nice clip btw. Much better than my own version!

intortola
2nd Apr 2015, 16:08
Flying Winair a couple years back from Sxm to AXA with lots of squalls in the area due to an approaching tropical storm. We left St Maarten for the short 7 minute flight to Anguilla but the weather closed in, we circled a while and the pilot said we were returning to SXM, on approach Sxm weather deteriorated and we diverted to St Baarts. Was a fun and very bumpy approach. We stayed on the ground a while before continuing to Anguilla once the weather improved. Btw nice video

SpringHeeledJack
2nd Apr 2015, 18:43
Another :ok: for the video, a nice little record of the short hop to paradise. I've done a few such hops in the Caribbean and the wind certainly can make it scary experience, coming into St Barts would make it more so. A good friend was flying into there in the late 1980's in an Islander/Trilander charter, when one cantankerous and possibly 'tired and emotional' member of their team became overly agitated by the low level turbulence and grabbed at something, which turned out to be the flotation raft which inflated in the cabin….Apparently reminiscent of a movie.

SHJ

Mike Tee
3rd Apr 2015, 06:47
Nicely filmed, although having done hundreds Twin Otter landings that final approach looks speeded up to me ?. And that music is brain numbing.