PDA

View Full Version : King Air Spar Lights?

balaton
1st Apr 2015, 12:53
Hi Dear King Air Experts,

I'm affraid it is a rather silly question (barely brave enough to come up with it in this forum):
The manual says that switching on the entry lights with the floor-level switch just forward of the entry door, among some other lights (stair, exterior entry, threshold), you switch on "spare cover ligths" somewhere at floor level.
Now, I've checked and double cheked our a/c crawling under the seats but simply could not find this light assembly. I also checked the AMM but could not find a good drawing about its location. I suspect that this light has been accidentally covered during the last refurbishment process.
Could anybody explain the exact location of this misterious light?
Appreciate your help.
b

orion1210
2nd Apr 2015, 05:33
Have a look under the LH centre wing next time you're doing your fuel drains ;-)

balaton
2nd Apr 2015, 06:04
Many thanks Orion for your reply. Perhaps I was not clear enough. The small light illuminating the door area on the lower wing surface is ok. What I am looking foor is an interior (cabin) light. Here is a quote from the training manual:
" The threshold light is forwrad of the airstair door at floor level." (Got it, with a small rocker switch.) "An aisle light is at floor level aft of the spar cover."(???)

b

Lomcovack
3rd Apr 2015, 17:49
It should be just aft of the main spar in the cabin, left hand side at floor level. I think you may be right!

balaton
4th Apr 2015, 19:43
Many thanks, got it under the carpet.

b