PDA

View Full Version : The bailiffs call at Jet2.com

crewmeal
1st Apr 2015, 10:20
No the airline hasn't gone bust but I'm surprised this has reached a BBC TV series - "The Sheriffs Are Coming". The airline ignored a court order to pay compensation for a delay occurred to a couple.

After fruitless correspondence with the airline the couple took the case to court and won. However the airline didn't comply and pay up so they went to the bailiffs. The clip shows them going to the check in desk at LBA and whilst the cameras were refused access to the boss the airline eventually paid up claiming that for such a small amount they were surprised it went this far.

Surely such negative story will no doubt do damage to the carrier.

BBC One - The Sheriffs Are Coming, Compilations Series 3, Episode 8 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05q0gbq)

Global_Global
1st Apr 2015, 10:30
haha says more about the Baillifs... Going to the checkin desk and not to the business address? What a :mad:... :ugh:

LBIA
1st Apr 2015, 10:42
If I remember correctly that BBC show was also in attendance with the bailiffs at Thomson Airways head office a few weeks ago for the same reason. That didn't get reported.

squeaker
1st Apr 2015, 11:25
Wonder how much the Pringle-clad protagonist paid for his ticket?
Bet it wasn't £400...

putneyuk
1st Apr 2015, 12:25
Also in the same series they visited Thomas Cook so Jet2 not alone

GROUNDHOG
1st Apr 2015, 15:42
Non story!

A recall seeing that a long time ago (years?) if I am not mistaken.

cornishsimon
1st Apr 2015, 18:38
Big PR stunt turning up at check-in !

cs

LTNman
1st Apr 2015, 18:48
They also turned up at Easyjet HQ excect they could not find their large orange HQ by the terminal. Anyway they are not bailiffs they are sheriffs

Simtech
1st Apr 2015, 19:13
The official title these days is "enforcement agent".

Hotel Tango
1st Apr 2015, 20:41
the airline eventually paid up claiming that for such a small amount they were surprised it went this far.

Shows the arrogance of the airline. I say well done to the couple who pursued it that far.

Wonder how much the Pringle-clad protagonist paid for his ticket?
Bet it wasn't £400...

Here we go again! The couple did not make the rules. It was their legal right to claim and they won it. Airline should have paid up without delay. Simple.

seafire6b
1st Apr 2015, 21:59
Further, at the end of the programme, it was stated that in reply, Jet2 had responded (in words to the effect of) :

"Jet2 were surprised at the lengths the complainants had gone to, ..." (i.e. invoking the High Court Sheriffs), " ... in order to achieve their payment".

Which had previously, by Court process, been duly awarded - but despite various subsequent reminders and requests for remittance, all of which Jet2 had apparently simply ignored!

Jet2's statement continued (again, in words to the effect of) : "In light of this case, Jet2 is now reviewing its procedures regarding such payments".

Indeed, I too bet that Jet2 were surprised! Enough said.