PDA

View Full Version : Query. Clarifications Please...

krishna chettri
30th Mar 2015, 08:59
Dear Members,

In view of the Germanwings crash over the alps allegedly due to FO doing it puposely as he was not opening the cockpit door in spite of repeated calls and knocks on the door by the Captain from the cabin side, I wanted to find out as to what do you all follow as a procedure whenever one of the pilot leaves the cockpit to use the lavatory .

One of the airline I used to work for have a policy of Cabin Attendant occupying the Observer Seat whenever one of the Flight Deck crew leaves the cockpit till his return back to the flight deck.

Your inputs please...

victor tango
31st Mar 2015, 16:51
Kristina
May I suggest, in the first instance, you may find it informative if you go to the forum "rumours and news" and flag up airbus thread.
There are only over 2500 posts on the subject but I feel sure some of them may answer your query.

G.Green
1st Apr 2015, 10:55
To answer the OP's posting: my company SOP specifically states that a cabin crew member will occupy the jump seat whenever a required cockpit crew member leaves his station to go outside for physiological reasons. This is for the obvious security measure and to cover the case of sudden incapacitation of the remaining pilot. My company is expected to produce a forthcoming bulletin on the Germanwings subject in the next week or so.