PDA

View Full Version : BA Frequent Flyer Accounts Hacked

barry lloyd
29th Mar 2015, 12:07
British Airways frequent flyer accounts hacked - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/11502406/British-Airways-frequent-flier-accounts-hacked.html)

ExXB
29th Mar 2015, 12:32
From the link:

"We are sorry for the concern and inconvenience this matter has caused and ..."

Wouldn't it be nice if they were sorry they screwed up.

redsnail
29th Mar 2015, 13:10
My colleagues who use "Award Wallet" were affected.

mixture
29th Mar 2015, 13:26
using information obtained elsewhere on the internet, via an automated process, to try to gain access to some accounts.

Until I see hard evidence to the contrary, the above statement from the Telegraph article reads as if it might have been a dictionary attack. In which case I would hazard a guess that those affected are people stupidly using weak passwords.

ExXB
30th Mar 2015, 12:27
From the Beeb:

Security experts have, however, raised concern that BA initially sent out emails asking users to click on a link to reset their passwords.
"That's a classic trick used by criminals phishing for login credentials," noted security consultant Graham Cluley.
BA said it had removed the link from subsequent emails and suggested concerned members contact its service centre.

They should apologise for employing idiots.

If you are a 'concerned member' browse to BA's Executive Club page (I won't post a link here) log-on and change your password.