PDA

View Full Version : Holiday charter flying to BBJ transition

jedi007
28th Mar 2015, 13:55
Dear ppruners,

I`am 25 years old, I have started flying for charter company based in Europe three months ago on Boeing 737NG. I have always been thinking seriously about flying in buisness aviation, mainly on BBJ. I know there is a "lack of" these aircraft on the world, and it`s hard to "get into", but if any one of you have experience with such path it would be a good info how to keep steering properly with the career. How does it look like in real? What are your experiences?

Also if you have changed from 737NG/A320 into Global, Falcon, Gulfstream etc. it would also be much appreciated.

I mean, is it just a normal way like "find company, send CV" etc. or is it mostly by the way of knowing proper personalities.

On the second hand, do you know who is the owner of M-GEAA registered BBJ?

Thank you!

bartonflyer
28th Mar 2015, 17:28
Google is your friend

Tempus Manx Aviation M-GEAA (Boeing 737 Next Gen - MSN 38408) (Ex G-CICL ) | Airfleets aviation (http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b737ng-38408.htm)

jedi007
28th Mar 2015, 17:51
I know that ;) But the name of the off-shore company registered in Isle of Man doesnt really gives you a lot of information. But thanks anyway for your respond ;)

wondering
28th Mar 2015, 18:48
LAAS Corporate Jet Aircraft of the World, corpjets, bizjets (http://www.laasdata.com/corpjet/)

Booglebox
29th Mar 2015, 19:10
I reliably hear that it is quite difficult to get a command on a BBJ if you're not already a captain - that is, if you join as a first officer, you'll likely stay as one.
So, if you haven't got your 737 command yet, you should consider getting it before taking the plunge.

Global_Global
31st Mar 2015, 08:16
I have started flying for charter company based in Europe three months ago on Boeing 737NG. Ehh maybe make a lot of hours first....

papazulu
31st Mar 2015, 09:57
I know that But the name of the off-shore company registered in Isle of Man doesnt really gives you a lot of information.

Isn't "discretion" a key-skill in corporate aviation? I asked a much milder question to a BQH handler a while ago, about a D-reg Hawker 4000 and all I got back was a broad and friendly smile and raised eyebrows...

PZ ;)

brostovsky
31st Mar 2015, 16:41
Stay where you are. Built some hours. You are young, and lucky.

Flying Mechanic
31st Mar 2015, 16:55
Wait until you got at least 4000 TT in the logbook. I have seen guys move from airline to corporate with 2000 hours, then have to wait years to get command as they don't have 4000 hours.