PDA

View Full Version : Same Aircraft Operating A Route

Sandy Boots
28th Mar 2015, 12:11
I have noticed that the BA125 LHR/BAH seems to be (well 99% of the time) G-ZZZC B772.

Is this common ?, does it have a special configeration ? , having said that I have flown this route and nothing caught my eye.

Sandy Boots

DaveReidUK
28th Mar 2015, 14:59
Looking at recent history, the LHR-BAH-DOH route is by no means always flown by G-ZZZC, but it's usually one of the 3 original non-ER B772s that remain in the fleet, which do indeed have a slightly different configuration from the ERs.

Skipness One Echo
28th Mar 2015, 17:11
They have the highest volume of non Economy seats in the B777 fleet which is why they frequent DOH, AUH and BAH.

KelvinD
28th Mar 2015, 18:32
I believe that these are the aircraft used for Royal family trips. (With suitable interior modifications!)

philbky
28th Mar 2015, 21:44
I believe that these are the aircraft used for Royal family trips. (With suitable interior modifications!)

That's not specifically true. These aircraft are range limited and tend to be used on routes to the Mid East and the US north east coast. Their Royal duties follow the same pattern. For longer routes the R R engined aircraft are used, for instance G-YMMP was used for the Queen's Australia tour and set a record non stop Perth to London flight on the return. There are many other examples.

Peter47
3rd Apr 2015, 18:08
ZZZA/B/C are the only non ER aircraft in the BA 777-200 fleet. I think that it has 17F seats - there is certainly a lot of first class traffic on the route. (17F/48J/24W/127Y against a typical 17/48/40/124 configuration for a 4 class 772.)

http://www.thebasource.com/g-zzzc.html

Haven't a clue
3rd Apr 2015, 19:08
For many years G-MIMA operated IOM/LHR and after the BA takeover (expletive deleted) IOM/LGW.

Currently G-CDEB operates IOM/LCY.

Gate staff are often bemused by frequent flyer pax arriving at the departure gate where the IOM plane is parked before the boarding announcement is made. But we know, you know!

bbrown1664
15th Apr 2015, 15:50
G-LINK flew as almost (if not the only one) the only aircraft on the LHR/LGW route for around 8 years

SpringHeeledJack
15th Apr 2015, 19:54
G-LINK flew as almost (if not the only one) the only aircraft on the LHR/LGW route for around 8 years

:D:D:D Whilst true, there wasn't much of a choice was there ? ;)

SHJ