PDA

View Full Version : Vale: Jock Garden

Petropavlovsk
27th Mar 2015, 12:12
With regret I advise the passing of Jock Garden.

Former CFI and CP at Civil Flying Services, Moorabbin.

Former CP at Flinder Island Airways,

P-51 guru, we well rember his spirited display in VH-IVI at Moorabbin in the earlky 70's

Back in the days of "Brookes" aviation, layter to become Civil Flying Services, one remeber Jock's daily circuit in the P-51 to start the days....

True gentleman, dapper dresser, ex RAAF,

Great man,

RIP

triadic
28th Mar 2015, 06:50
Very sad day!

What a top chap and one the best instructors I ever flew with. Learnt so much from him with IF, Form & Aeros. Remember those days up amongst the pine trees with Jock, Peter B and Jimmy Noonan. What great days.

He was the only pilot I knew that could land whilst looking back over his shoulder!! Down the c/l too.... :{

RIP Jock

cogwheel
5th Apr 2015, 01:24
Very sad to hear of his passing. A great instructor and a real icon at MB in the 60's. I have to agree that those days amoungst the pine trees will never be repeated - but great memories. Must be a lot of Pruners about that remember those days?

RIP Jock

By George
5th Apr 2015, 08:45
Sad news indeed. Flew with Jock many times, lovely bloke and a very practical and efficient pilot. He did an endorsement for me on a C414 and the log-book entry shows 40 minutes. Things seemed far less complicated and straight forward back then.
Jock was always impeccably attired with the shiniest shoes imaginable. A larger than life character and another good man down. Fly high and fly forever old friend.

Dora-9
5th Apr 2015, 20:15
I only ever met/flew with Jock once - he checked me out on a V35 that I was about to ferry to WA.

It was apparent, talking to the CFS Vic staff, that he had their overwhelming respect and enjoyed quite a reputation (in a good way).

RIP Jock.

yunta
11th Apr 2015, 22:29
I remember him taking my mum for a ride in our mustang.