PDA

View Full Version : India Corporate Flight Crew Entry

caevans
26th Mar 2015, 18:19
Anyone operated a US or Canadian Corporate Jet trip in and out of India recently?

I'm looking for information about the use of the TVoA for flight crews.
(Tourist Visa on Arrival)

Would be for a Delhi trip.

Thanks

PM would be fine.

spacecadet
27th Mar 2015, 16:51
Wasn't an option for us (British), we have to get an Indian Business visa before we could go.

HeloDrvr
27th Mar 2015, 19:06
Entered as crew and left on airlines several years ago.
It did create a little confusion.

The folks at G3 Visas do a lot a flight crew work and can help you, probably will even advise you at no charge.

G3 Visas & Passports - Washington, DC (http://www.globalpassport.com/Washington.html)

Have a good trip.

4HolerPoler
27th Mar 2015, 20:13
New procedure - became available about 6 months back - requires about 72 hours prior notice but your handling agent now can arrange for short term (72 hours) crew visas to be issued on arrival. I've only used this facility in BOM; I guess it's available in DEL and doubt it's available in many locations.

silverknapper
27th Mar 2015, 20:53
Like everything it will depend where you enter, who is on duty that day Etc etc. I've seen us delayed 3 hours on an internal flight because in someone's opinion we had the wrong visa. Even though we had already entered. That was in kolkatta. Which is where we always had issues. Never had a problem in Delhi, or anywhere else for that matter.

A Pandy
27th Mar 2015, 23:10
I am a British passport holder flying a US registered G6. The guidance was to get a correct visa that allowed for flight crew duties. It took three attempts to get the correct visa as the first two times the embassy made errors when issuing. They insisted on charging for the first two attempts however. Close to $900 for each attempt so almost $1800 for a 1 year visa. My current visa is a 5 year however.

dallas
28th Mar 2015, 20:05
It's called a Temporary Landing Permit and, even though the rules are easing a little, isn't a given and needs pre-arrangement. Original intention was for crew swap/aeromed-type situations where crew moving too fast to get visa, but we've managed to get them more routinely through our very good Indian agent. We've also got a corking VIDP fuel price - PM for details of both :)

caevans you have PM

caevans
28th Mar 2015, 20:39
Thanks all for the comments. India ops have never been easy, especially for a rush trip.

Will post de-brief comments after the flight.

silverknapper
29th Mar 2015, 09:02
The TLP has always been available. More designed around ships crew than airline crew in its nature. The one 4HP mentions is new.