PDA

View Full Version : interesting flying?

Charlie Chaos
25th Mar 2015, 11:51
Just a quick request to those who are better connected than me?

I'm a 5000 hr airline pilot from the UK, with instruction SEP, Turbine time ( jet and turboprop) and the qualities for Command. The trouble is I'm bored with airline flying and spending up to 4 hours in the cruise.

I want to reconnect with what drew me to aviation in the first place but I've no idea what is available around the world...or how to find out about it.

Is there anybody out there who has any insights or ideas how I can use my valuable experience get flying again? Please PM if you think you can help. I'd be very grateful.

training wheels
25th Mar 2015, 14:54
How about a combination of airline flying and flight instructing for an airline that's just acquired a flight school in South East Asia? One week you're flying a Cessna 152 teaching steep turns, stalls, unusual attitudes, circuits and the following week you're flying an international A320 operation. Two vastly different types of flying but both equally satisfying and rewarding. It's the best of both worlds for those who like grass roots flying as well as flying a sophisticated FBW aircraft. PM me if you're interested and I'll fill you in on the details.

eternity
25th Mar 2015, 16:09
Find a job flying a Q400.
Lots of excess thrust, all the latest gadgets up the from to make your life easier but no over automated like the Airbus.

You'll get to fly low (in the weather band) short sectors, and overall have a lot of fun.

My retirement plan is to join QLink on their Q400's when I come back to Oz in about 20-30yrs.....hopefully they havnt gone to boring jets by then

coldastone17
25th Mar 2015, 17:25
Boring mate? I am sure many are envy of your job...

Charlie Chaos
25th Mar 2015, 18:00
I can understand why some might be envious without having actually experienced the reality. I generally handle the controls for 3-4 minutes per flying day. The autopilot does the rest. I fly the B737 on European routes where the shortest sectors are 2 hours and the longest up to 5 hours. Most of my colleagues are reading the newspaper. Hardly what we aspired to!

Thanks for your comments guys,no,ease keep them coming.

fabricio79
26th Mar 2015, 11:19
Susi Air, Coastal in Dar Es Salam, you can get a very good quality of life style and have a lot of fun.

travelexec
26th Mar 2015, 13:02
How about flying in Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia etc...
Short sectors, plenty of crazy weather...

Charlie Chaos
1st Apr 2015, 13:48
I've tried sending my cv on several occasions to SusiAir as I'm really interested in the Pilatus flying. Had no response going via the recruitment address. Is there any way of getting a cv to a real person/decision maker?

Does anybody know if any equivalents of Susi flying into jungle strips elsewherr etc. looks an amazing job.

Thanks fir all your comments

wantobe
1st Apr 2015, 23:08
There are lots of similar type of operations in png. This is also where susi operate in the indonesian part of papua etc.

Sushi takes a few months before they reply to your application.

How long ago did you apply?

JammedStab
2nd Apr 2015, 03:26
Africa such as Namibia, Antarctic/arctic, floats such as in Canada if you are allowed to work there, water bombing in countries that have it. Of course many(but not all) are entry level flying and entry level pay. Except much of the water bombing.

Charlie Chaos
2nd Apr 2015, 08:56
Thanks Guys.

Waterbombing sounds awesome! I applied to SusiAir about 2 months ago, then again two weeks ago.

wantobe
2nd Apr 2015, 10:39
They take longer than that mate. With your experience you should get reply within a couple more months