PDA

View Full Version : Where are the interesting jobs?

Charlie Chaos
25th Mar 2015, 11:48
Just a quick request to those who are better connected than me?

I'm a 5000 hr airline pilot from the UK, with instruction SEP, Turbine time ( jet and turboprop) and the qualities for Command. The trouble is I'm bored with airline flying and spending up to 4 hours in the cruise.

I want to reconnect with what drew me to aviation in the first place but I've no idea what is available around the world...or how to find out about it.

Is there anybody out there who has any insights or ideas how I can use my valuable experience get flying again? Please PM if you think you can help. I'd be very grateful.

Gusz
26th Mar 2015, 16:27
May I recommend flying in the islands of the caribbean, they seem to pick up foreigners with the right experience. Good luck!!

Charlie Chaos
26th Mar 2015, 16:34
Hi Gusz

Thanks for your contribution to my pprune thread/question. Do you have anywhere particular in mind for the Caribbean?

Best wishes

Chris

foxtrotecho
9th Apr 2015, 21:25
You seem to me the perfect guy for ejecutive/charter flying somewhere in the Americas, due to the lower standards here, a pilot with 5000 turbine have lots of chances while looking for a job. Maybe Panama? Or Dominican republic?

lilflyboy262...2
11th Apr 2015, 04:47
Botswana.
Namibia.
In fact most of southern Africa.
West Papua or Papua New Guinea.
Nepal.
North Canada.

All very exciting and interesting hands on flying.

Charlie Chaos
11th Apr 2015, 13:46
Thanks for the tips.mif you know of anywhere in particular, please let me know.

Cheers guys

factor-x
11th Apr 2015, 13:49
Someone in a previous messaged mentioned Panama. The only opportunity in Panama was/is Copa Airlines, they are no longer hiring DEC's (direct entry captains) only FO's, and upgrade priority is given to Panamanians. And to get back to what you said, this is similar to what you are doing. Take off - then AP sometime before entering RVSM airspace, disconnect the AP on descent anytime you feel like it or fly with with AP on until minimums and land...

factor-x
11th Apr 2015, 13:54
Panama uses ICAO standards for aviation. Flight time requirements however is a different story, the only ones that get hired with 250 hours are Panamanians. Foreigners need a minimum of 1000 hours + ATPL for an FO position.

Air Panama, DHL Aeroexpreso hire once every blue moon, they are effectively a really tight family and they seem to be doing ok with what they have.

The rest of the panamanian charter industry/private airplane industry is small and is composed basically of pilots straight out of flight school that fly for free to build time while they get the call from COPA.